Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Making it Harder to Buy Guns and Amno

Ugh…credit cards suck a little bit of life out of you every time you swipe that damn thing! Just use cash and the government will only have the usual ways of tracking your firearm purchases.
Are you using cash for online gun purchases?

Ugh…credit cards suck a little bit of life out of you every time you swipe that damn thing! Just use cash and the government will only have the usual ways of tracking your firearm purchases.
Unless you are getting a “cash discount” from the vendor using cc costs you nothing if you pay off your balance monthly and with most cards it actually puts pennie’s, nickels, dimes and even dollars back in your pocket.

In aggregate do cc raise costs of everything, yes. But for any individual, except for the seemingly rare cash discount, cc vs cash cost you nothing.

Last edited:
Unless you are getting a “cash discount” from the vendor using cc costs you nothing if you pay off your balance monthly and with most cards it actually puts Pennie’s, nickels, dines and even dollars back in your pocket.

In aggregate do cc raise costs of everything, yes. But for any individual, except for the seemingly rare cash discount, cc vs cash cost you nothing.
I’m sure you’re correct, but as my Papaw Donald told me ”if you pay cash the first time you don’t have to pay anything back!” I thought it was good advice and it’s served me well.

I’m sure you’re correct, but as my Papaw Donald told me ”if you pay cash the first time you don’t have to pay anything back!” I thought it was good advice and it’s served me well.
I am glad you are happy with that philosophy and you do you, but for others - the no credit cards ever and no debt of any flavor ever is advice that makes folks poorer over time - with the caveat that if you do not manage it properly you can make a big mess. But I don't live my life assuming I am unable to navigate simple money matters so I seek to manage credit/debt to my net advantage.

For folks that want to hear more:

This guy is a fairly level-headed and reasonably competent and qualified speaker on gun laws/rights for those that like to track ATF regs, etc. Way better than the average "jailhouse lawyer" screaming, "out of my cold dead hands" at his webcam on youtube.

I am glad you are happy with that philosophy and you do you, but for others - the no credit cards ever and no debt of any flavor ever is advice that makes folks poorer over time - with the caveat that if you do not manage it properly you can make a big mess. But I don't live my life assuming I am unable to navigate simple money matters so I seek to manage credit/debt to my net advantage.
Don’t get me wrong…I in no way support the government tracking gun and ammo transactions on credit card purchases or sticking there nose into a private business and forcing them to either. I also have not lived my life without a mortgage or the occasional truck payment. I wish I was that lucky or fortunate. We all were taught different ideas when it came to money and finances I’m sure. I personally don’t use credit cards, but I don’t live my life thinking I can’t navigate simple money matters either. As you said…you do you.

Don’t get me wrong…I in no way support the government tracking gun and ammo transactions on credit card purchases or sticking there nose into a private business and forcing them to either. I also have not lived my life without a mortgage or the occasional truck payment. I wish I was that lucky or fortunate. We all were taught different ideas when it came to money and finances I’m sure. I personally don’t use credit cards, but I don’t live my life thinking I can’t navigate simple money matters either. As you said…you do you.
Well said. I wasn't trying to make it personal to you, was just remarking more broadly about some of the iffy advice handed out by others on the topic.

Well said. I wasn't trying to make it personal to you, was just remarking more broadly about some of the iffy advice handed out by others on the topic.
I get where you’re coming from. My brother does everything on a Discover and pays it off straightaway. He believes it more secure that way. The way things are going he’s probably right! I love how the millionaire finance guys tell people to save cash for houses, trucks, or any big purchases. That’s unreasonable for most of us.

but we must remain uniquely american in solving problems by creating solutions that develop problems so we can hire more people to solve the new problems with new solutions that will likely develop problems.
And that's all good and well, as long as the lawyers continue to get their cut ;)

"There is no money to be made in solving the problem."

The Lobbyist Credo.

I get where you’re coming from. My brother does everything on a Discover and pays it off straightaway. He believes it more secure that way. The way things are going he’s probably right! I love how the millionaire finance guys tell people to save cash for houses, trucks, or any big purchases. That’s unreasonable for most of us.
I have a Discover card and use it for grocery and gasoline purchases. Pay it off every month and my wife gets excited over the cash back aspect. 🙂 They have been good about stopping fraudulent charges immediately.

Just wait for it though. There will be a day coming in the near future when the ESG warriors lean on the credit card companies to stop financing fossil fuel purchases. They are that koo koo.

I have a Discover card and use it for grocery and gasoline purchases. Pay it off every month and my wife gets excited over the cash back aspect. 🙂 They have been good about stopping fraudulent charges immediately.

Just wait for it though. There will be a day coming in the near future when the ESG warriors lean on the credit card companies to stop financing fossil fuel purchases. They are that koo koo.
I think you mean when they get policy payroll incentivized...let's call it something like inflation reduction

Back