Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Making it Harder to Buy Guns and Amno

Thinking about it a little deeper, the credit card companies buckling to Elizabeth Warren's demands is only going to lead to their demise that much sooner. I've noticed a trend with many businesses locally lately where cash or check is fine. Credit card purchases are being charged an additional 3%.

Thinking about it a little deeper, the credit card companies buckling to Elizabeth Warren's demands is only going to lead to their demise that much sooner. I've noticed a trend with many businesses locally lately where cash or check is fine. Credit card purchases are being charged an additional 3%.

You should get to town more often. That 3% charge is as old as the networked card reader.

It's nice to see so many of my conservative friends finally understand that allowing politicians to dictate every facet of life is bad idea. ;)

You should get to town more often. That 3% charge is as old as the networked card reader.

It's nice to see so many of my conservative friends finally understand that allowing politicians to dictate every facet of life is bad idea. ;)
I know the 3% charge has been there since day one. Business figured that was the cost of doing business. Now the businesses are deciding the customer that wants to charge it, should pay the 3%. Good for the businesses IMO.

I know the 3% charge has been there since day one. Business figured that was the cost of doing business. Now the businesses are deciding the customer that wants to charge it, should pay the 3%. Good for the businesses IMO.
Yeah, no.

I haven't worked retail/food service since 1999, and we were charging it then. It really depends on the business. Just because you're seeing it for the first time, doesn't mean it's a new phenomenon.

Credit card companies are not going to demise due to the spending habits of Americans - credit cards are king for those without cash and for perks.

The ability for businesses to charge the credit card fee to the customer is new within the last few years. The business paid it before. It’s slowly getting to become normal to have the customer pay the fee - just like government agencies have always done.

The ability for businesses to charge the credit card fee to the customer is new within the last few years. The business paid it before. It’s slowly getting to become normal to have the customer pay the fee - just like government agencies have always done.

Huh.

I guess we were outside the norm, then (as were all LSA's in the 90's).

Learn something new every day.

Credit card companies are not going to demise due to the spending habits of Americans - credit cards are king for those without cash and for perks.

I suppose the IRS will keep the CC card companies solvent for a while anyway😉

IRS has nothing to do with CC company profitablity except to tax profits.
IRS accepts credit card payments don't they? They are anticipating 180 billion in additional new revenue after this 80 billion infusion from the "inflation reduction act". Some of that 180 billion is coming from Americans with bad spending habits as you earlier pointed out.

I'll reserve judgement whether this new coding, flagging, highlighting, ear marking really changes anything in the real world.

As to credit card companies risking solvency, now that's worth a laugh.

I doubt that I'm alone, we get a reward with every insertion of the chip. It is only a few times that I've been charged 3% or any surcharge for using a card. I did get a discount for paying for a saddle with a check instead of charging it. I think the discount was 5%. I can see him not wanting to eat another charge from a credit card transaction. Since I had done a good amount of business, he likely felt my check was good.

It's easy enough for a company to adjust their prices to cover their CC transaction costs. It's not a bad deal to know you aren't taking a bad check. There is a cost to that as well.

Now if you want a dying business model, buy yourself a check printing company.

Not really?

I just paid the BLM (firewood permits), over the phone. No extra charge and no charge for mailing.

Some do. Some don't. If there is an added charge for cards I will go through the trouble or writing a check or cash or going without.

My county charged 2.00 or 2 percent. For a $40 water bill it's b.s. and the pay wall sucks. So I write a check and drop it off at the town hall.

Yep. IRS takes credit cards.

"The IRS uses third party payment processors for payments by debit and credit card. It's safe and secure; your information is used solely to process your payment. (Unlike information from gun and ammunition purchase with a credit card)"

Not really?

I just paid the BLM (firewood permits), over the phone. No extra charge and no charge for mailing.

Some do. Some don't. If there is an added charge for cards I will go through the trouble or writing a check or cash or going without.

My county charged 2.00 or 2 percent. For a $40 water bill it's b.s. and the pay wall sucks. So I write a check and drop it off at the town hall.
I didn’t have time to police all the government agencies on its credit card fee charging policies. I know in the past agencies charged for tax bills, etc.

No, I don’t pay my tax bills with a credit card.

They should charge the old couple 10% for holding up the line while meemaw writes a check and records it in the register while holding up the line.

#whothehellwriteschecks

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back