Making it Harder to Buy Guns and Amno

Gas: $4 a gallon - takes 1 gallon to get there & back
Time: $75/hr - 1 hour to get there and back.

savings: $2.

Worth it.
I work next to the town hall. And can write the check in half the time it takes to navigate the pay wall. Check costs 10 cents.

Savings of not wanting to nuke the pay wall, priceless. Haha

Eta...

BLM office is 50 miles away, so a big win for using the card for that instance, even if there was a fee attached. (Pleased there wasn't a fee).

How does this make it harder?
The stated goal of a number of banks and many politicians is to ultimately be able to deny charges in that category - so I would not easily be able to by .22LR ammo via some retailer in Arizona via ammoseek.com, etc. A real pain in the butt. I suggest we take these folks and the ones who are trying to use credit card usage to track morning after pill sales and send them to a leper colony somewhere (sorry to the lepers, I have nothing against them).

The stated goal of a number of banks and many politicians is to ultimately be able to deny charges in that category - so I would not easily be able to by .22LR ammo via some retailer in Arizona via ammoseek.com, etc. A real pain in the butt. I suggest we take these folks and the ones who are trying to use credit card usage to track morning after pill sales and send them to a leper colony somewhere (sorry to the lepers, I have nothing against them).
Exactly!
It is like some on here don't believe the politicians when they tell us what they are planning on doing. Defending the indefensible in my eyes. Especially by "sportsmen"

A significant portion (over half) of my shooting supplies are purchased online. Mostly Midway, amd a couple of direct manufacturers. This would put a real cramp on the ability to make those purchases.

A significant portion (over half) of my shooting supplies are purchased online. Mostly Midway, amd a couple of direct manufacturers. This would put a real cramp on the ability to make those purchases.

I wonder how a store like Midway/ Sportsmans/ Cabelas woulds how up with the addition of this new code? A code already exists for sporting goods. I don't think that they make a distinction on the type of item/ credit card code beyond the point of purchase.

Either way I'm not worried about it. The sky isn't falling. I see the more likely consequence of this is a few husbands getting in trouble as they aren't able to cover what that $1000 charge is that they historically convinced the wife was a bunch organic fertilizer.

I’m more concerned with this rule going into effect and how shipping companies are now prohibiting shipping firearm parts and components.

Combined with the programmable currency, they are becoming a de facto gun ban.

Imagine if the banks had a card, similar to a credit card that was linked to your checking account.

It could be used like a credit card with all the same perks (like no fees) as writing a check.

Just imagine!
Unless you enter the security code, it’s still give a transaction charge just like a credit card.

Imagine if the banks had a card, similar to a credit card that was linked to your checking account.

It could be used like a credit card with all the same perks (like no fees) as writing a check.

Just imagine!
Imagine if the power goes out, or the fiber optic line gets cut by a bitterrooter that didn't call for a locate, or the bank decides to deactivate there card, but you still had a good old fashioned check book.......

Imagine if the power goes out, or the fiber optic line gets cut by a bitterrooter that didn't call for a locate, or the bank decides to deactivate there card, but you still had a good old fashioned check book.......

I'll come back tomorrow. I want my miles.

One time I audaciously attempted to purchase shotgun shells in Massachusetts. Fortunately my resident friend had the requisite credentials and we were able to bust clays that afternoon.

Man, big gov is going to have a stroke over me if this tracking thing happens. Soon as primers can be purchased for reasonable price, and powder is readily available, I'm spending at least ten grand on reloading stuff. It's been three years since I have purchased raw materials for reloading.

Big sporting goods not effected as they will still be sporting goods. Small gun shops will take bitcoin. For those using credit cards as a convenience it will be minor hassle. Guys buying on credit will have to save up. In the short term, little will change, but the endless drumbeat of the ever growing administrative state marches on and pushes agendas - there is a price that will be paid for the political “weaponization” of the bureaucracy.

There is also news of new restrictions on shipping guns and ammo by UPS (FedEx already added some), so this just adds to that news.
Guys and gals this news is worse than the credit card code. Take a few minutes and look into the new UPS and FedEx policies. We are well on our way to being shut down. Post office will be next. I was going to ship a gun tomorrow to an FFL like I have many times before and now I can’t use UPS or FedEx. I am going to have to drive 3-4 hours to do it personally. This is bad. BAD!

Just imagine!
The business still pays a fee. Hate to break it to you....

As a business owner, the card company charges per transaction. It depends on the type of card but it gets charged. I up my prices accordingly since most of my business is done via cc

As a business owner, the card company charges per transaction. It depends on the type of card but it gets charged. I up my prices accordingly since most of my business is done via cc
Serious question...

Do you get fees for debit transactions as well as credit transactions?

Asking because (as I mentioned earlier), our county charges per transaction regardless of type of card.

I imagine the code would be the same regardless of debit or credit transactions.

Back