M David Allen

Seriously listen to Rinella's podcast #12. Some incredible information there, and some tidbits on how anti-hunters wanted to use NEPA to work against Pittman-Robertson.
I was just about to do that, but that is NEPA not ESA.

I didn't get the same Google results as Randy (I think Google results are customized to the searcher's history) although I saw some trying to stop the Teton hunt (really the feedgrounds) because too many G. Bears were being killed. I do know when I disagree with Randy it's usually because I'm wrong. They certainly sue to stop the hunting of animal that are on (or were on) the ESA list.

I agree that the continued abuse could be the undoing of the ESA - the lawsuit to keep wolves on the ESA which led to Tester Simpson being a prime example. And NEPA - example, Resilient Forest Act.

I was just about to do that, but that is NEPA not ESA.

Just listen and you'll see what I am getting at. It's how anti-hunters/"environmentalists" have used the landmark legislation from the 60-70's that was previously championed by hunters and as a result hunters and anglers have distanced themselves from the legislation not for what it does, but because who is leveraging it for their cause.

Just listen and you'll see what I am getting at. It's how anti-hunters/"environmentalists" have used the landmark legislation from the 60-70's that was previously championed by hunters and as a result hunters and anglers have distanced themselves from the legislation not for what it does, but because who is leveraging it for their cause.

Oh, I agree with that 500% percent.

Just read Allen's article in new Bugle and after reading Randy's reply, I say,"Nuff Said".!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back