Louisiana Duck Hunt Video

bigeasygator

I really enjoyed documenting my hunting season this year here on Hunt Talk. I also created a more extensive "journal" over on Monster Muleys (for anyone that wants to read it, here's the link http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforu...rumID55/6.html). To add another dimension to making a record of my hunts, I picked up a nicer camcorder (a Canon Vixia HF M50) to start making some film of my hunts. Here's the first "full" video I made, just a bunch of clips from my yearly duck hunt down here on the bayou. It should give you a little taste of life here in Sportsman's Paradise! Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be as famous as Big Fin! :)

http://youtu.be/to4_DmGaL0A

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed! Figured I better put some good music in there since I didn't have any real dialogue or narration (next time!). It's a special place, and we may lack in big game down here but we make up for it with tasty critters to fill your pot or fryer with!

Gator, Great video; perfect backdrop for my lunch today. Thanks for posting it. I have hunted Arkansas for about half of the last four decades and love every trip.

What software do you use to edit your movies? Would you recommend it for beginners?

Gator, Great video; perfect backdrop for my lunch today. Thanks for posting it. I have hunted Arkansas for about half of the last four decades and love every trip.

What software do you use to edit your movies? Would you recommend it for beginners?

The software I used was Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I also downloaded iMovie and played around with that some. They're both about the same. I actually liked iMovie a little better for a beginner, but there were somethings that I couldn't do with iMovie that was easier in Premiere Elements (like the timelapse stuff -- iMovie only lets you speed things up so much). Basically, both can be used fairly easily and Premiere Elements has a "Quick" mode which is really simple to use (iMovie's only mode is pretty simple to get the hang of). There's also an Expert mode which lets you do some more advanced things (some of the tools can only be accessed in Expert mode). At the end of the day, I think there's a lot more you can do with Premiere Elements and I've only scratched the surface. I may have to check out Final Cut one of these days as well.

BigEasy, thanks for the information about Adobe. I just got a GoPro used and want to clip some pieces together and cut some out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back