Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Looks like I got an Oryx tag...

Congrats! Not only a cool hunt but I hear one of the best table fare.

....I would recommend that you get some type of an offhand rest as the creosote bushes make it hard to shoot from sitting or prone. I ended up shooting off the top of my sons fully extended tripod.

Ditto on that, I've used "stand-up" type shooting sticks on several occasions and they work great in that terrain!

Congrats!

I had a similar call yesterday. Nebraska's tag list came out earlier this week and I tried to get one of the very few rifle pronghorn doe tags. Had it added to my cart when the system crashed. Finally came back on a couple hours later and said all the tags were sold out, so I thought I was SOL. Received a call a couple days later from game & parks and said that since it was added to the cart it reserved it for me. You're situation is a lot cooler than mine, but I was stoked!

Congrats on the oryx tag.

You're going to have a heckuva lot of fun and hopefully some fine eating.

I've been on three oryx hunts on the Rhodes Canyon side and they were a blast.

Awesome and congrats! I had a hunt on the small missile range portion 5 or so years ago and it was so much fun. I miss that meat.

And I hope you are prepared to fend of offers to help (me included) because this is such a neat opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back