Looks good enough for me - a new .308

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I am not the world's best shot, so I need all the help I can get.

This is a 3-shot group with Federal Gold Match .308 Win - 175 gr Sierra Match King Boattail. Damn good results, even for the best of factory ammo.

Shot, at the factory, from a new rifle I am trying out. I have become rather partial to the .308 since Breaks Runner preached to me the virtues of that caliber. Killed a couple elk and some deer with one last year, and hope to provide the same opportunities for this one.

This rifle will be going to Alaska with me in May, along with a .300Win. Looking forward to getting time with them at the range before the day of reckoning.

5.jpg

Was that group shot off a slippery log in the driving rain after a long day of glassing,four days into a hunt? Not meaning to take from the"feel good moment".hehehehe

Was that group shot off a slippery log in the driving rain after a long day of glassing,four days into a hunt? Not meaning to take from the"feel good moment".hehehehe

Well, you succeeded. Damn you. :p

Its always nice to know that the gun has the ability to shoot like that, and with factory loads wow.

That leaves little room to wiggle when filming....I grouping like that is of great desire.

I witnessed a 300 yard shot in a 30 mile an hour cross wind last year out of one of his 308's.:eek: I asked him where he aimed and he said "his rump". I would of missed completely by putting the crosshairs on the vitals. On the other hand he provided us ammo for doubt by showing us a bad miss on an antelope a few years back;):D

Randy you just jinxed yourself. Now if you miss we'll know it was operator error and not the weapon:)

With the exception of the broken scope ring on the CO antelope hunt, it is always operator error, when I am the operator. That goes without question.

But, doesn't mean I won't try to blame it on equipment. Just gonna be hard to make it stick in this instance.

Back