Looking for info on Unit 62

Meat processor

I don't remember the name of the meat processor but it is right next to Trails West taxidermy. They are 1 1/2 miles East of Rawlins on old Hwy 76 on the way to Sinclair. It is trickey to find them because you have to turn off of a freeway entrance ramp to get to old 76. Last yr. I boned out my antelope,cleaned off all the hair and took it to them. They ground,wrapped, and frooze it for $0.75 per lb. They will also freeze a head for $20 if you want to take one back to your local taxi. The taxidermist next door does great work on antelope but they are a bit on the expensive side.

Looks like someone is packing a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless. I have the same gun, except backwards! Nice bucks and good luck this season. I don't know anything about 62

I don't remember the name of the meat processor but it is right next to Trails West taxidermy. They are 1 1/2 miles East of Rawlins on old Hwy 76 on the way to Sinclair. It is trickey to find them because you have to turn off of a freeway entrance ramp to get to old 76. Last yr. I boned out my antelope,cleaned off all the hair and took it to them. They ground,wrapped, and frooze it for $0.75 per lb. They will also freeze a head for $20 if you want to take one back to your local taxi. The taxidermist next door does great work on antelope but they are a bit on the expensive side.

I'm thinking its:
Trails West Wild Game Processing
(307) 324-2856
PO Box 1257
Rawlins, WY 82301

google knows all, eh?

Is that the Red Desert unit?

Dude you are getting weak...This is not a normal reply from you and the welcoming crew. I'm going to change my login id to make it look like I'm female so I get better treatment ! LOL

Dude you are getting weak...This is not a normal reply from you and the welcoming crew. I'm going to change my login id to make it look like I'm female so I get better treatment ! LOL

LMAO! I thought the same thing! Maybe, just maybe, John has a lil bit of chivalry in him after all! :rolleyes:

John....you have some mighty big shoes to fill around here...apparently you are not living up to your reputation LOL....:D :cool:

Last edited:

LMAO! I thought the same thing! Maybe, just maybe, John has a lil bit of chivalry in him after all! :rolleyes:

The man is obviously a gentleman in the newest definition of the word at least. I don't know if he owns any property though. Perhaps only NHY will understand.

Thanks for the processor's address....

Question about rattle snakes. In the past I knew they were out there, but because its not something I see or have to worry about EVER here in my neck of the woods, I'm not sure I really thought about them as much as I probably should have when parking my butt in a sage bush to hide while looking at the animals. I've never seen one out there and never heard them either , so I am quite positive sitting on one or having it swipe at my leg as I walk by is an option I'd rather not take......... :eek:

Aside from "don't sit on one", any suggestions on precautions to take for these wonderful little beasties. I'd just as soon not ruin a perfectly good hunting trip cause I had to be dragged out through the cactus.:D

Last edited:
Aside from "don't sit on one", any suggestions on precautions to take for these wonderful little beasties. I'd just as soon not ruin a perfectly good hunting trip cause I had to be dragged out through the cactus.:D

Embrace and treat them like Tim Treadwell did with grizzlies and you will be fine! :D:p

Debbie, I noticed that your bucks are bigger than your husbands. Shouldn't you have mercy on the poor guy this year and shoot a smaller buck?;)

As for the snakes...there was a thread on here once with some good first aid info. I'll see if I can find it.

Dealing with Buzzworms...

Don't stick your hands or feet where you can't see where you are putting them. (Under logs, rim rock edges,

On a hot day, they will be in the shade, on an over cast day they will be sunning in the open.

The first time you run into one unexpected you WILL scream like a little girl.

His bucks are actually bigger,(not that I mind that they "look" other wise) and it sure wouldn't be due to showing any mercy out there. All bets are off once the gun strap goes on. I do wish him good luck in the field and hope he gets a good buck, but I'm really hoping for a better one. Just sayin'...:D

Typically he ends up getting all of his animals before I do, and they are always very nice, but somehow I end up waiting till the last dang minute for my own. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger just to use up my tag. I guess I'm a wee bit fussy and am holding out for a pig!! The antelope I got with the cross bow was a different story...he was asking for it. Payback for the cactus thorns I earned while slithering down the banks of a ditch so I could get closer to him. I don't know how he didn't hear me snickering to myself as I tried to figure out how I was gonna remove some of them thorns, but it was an exciting hunt for me and I won't soon forget it.

Thanks for the snake link...I'll go and read through it right now.

I hunt alone when out in Wyoming and the hospital is usually far away. I invested in a pair of "snake-chaps"... cost about $70.00. Seems like a wise investment for my safety.

One problem.... doesn't help too much when crawling up on a stalk.

good luck to all
the dog

I have run into many rattlers while upland bird hunting. My experience has been that most will be found on hills with south facing slopes. Also, it is not uncommon to run into more than one at a time. They seem to become congregated more on these southern facing slopes as the weather gets colder later in the fall. Don't get too freaked out about them, just be aware of them and keep an eye out for them. Good luck to you and your husband.

Sometimes when I'm archery hunting and crawling around on the ground I carry a .22 pistol with the shot shells in them. So far I haven't had to use it, but it's nice to know it's there.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back