MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Looking for DIY ideas , something different to hunt

I’m not getting any younger, and there are many hunts I have not tried. My friends and I are typically DIY. I am looking for any ideas of fun hunts that maybe I have not thought of or tried yet, maybe even a combo hunt with more than one species? Bow, rifle, muzzleloader, doesn’t matter. Something still available to get lined up for this season. What are your suggestions? Anyone had any good hunts that fit this bill in recent years?
This was last season.
Africa animals 2022.jpg
And this.
20221031_131148.jpg
And this.
20221106_164038.jpg
And this.
20220922_141145.jpg

You guys should book a waterfowl trip with outfitter in Saskatchewan or Manitoba. It is amazing. Sky full of birds from horizon to horizon. People are great. US dollar keeps getting stronger and licenses are very reasonable.

I’m not getting any younger, and there are many hunts I have not tried. My friends and I are typically DIY. I am looking for any ideas of fun hunts that maybe I have not thought of or tried yet, maybe even a combo hunt with more than one species? Bow, rifle, muzzleloader, doesn’t matter. Something still available to get lined up for this season. What are your suggestions? Anyone had any good hunts that fit this bill in recent years?
Mushrooms. Season is right around the corner :)

I remember my dad taking me out in the yard when I was a kid with one of those fat orange plastic baseball bats and we would take turns killing June bugs with it. Looking back that was pretty fun.
Now there is one I hadn’t thought of, sounds like fun though

There are 3 DIY places that I have returned to multiple times.
Hawaii
New Zealand
Alaska
All 3 can be done cheap, I am far from rich. Where there's a will, there's a way.
This year I'm doing something different and more expensive but still not bad. I will be driving to Alaska rather than flying for free. Going to do the Haul Road caribou hunt and waterfowl on the way home through Canada.

I remember my dad taking me out in the yard when I was a kid with one of those fat orange plastic baseball bats and we would take turns killing June bugs with it. Looking back that was pretty fun.
That looks like it would be fun. Was that DIY or guided?

That looks like it would be fun. Was that DIY or guided?

We are hoping to do DIY style, something in big game preferably
You guys should book a waterfowl trip with outfitter in Saskatchewan or Manitoba. It is amazing. Sky full of birds from horizon to horizon. People are great. US dollar keeps getting stronger and licenses are very reasonable.

OTC Barbary or OTC javelina (archery) in NM. Although the price for OTC javelina is too high in my opinion. G and F should drop the price.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back