Caribou Gear

Llama ranching and packing

what is their level of training? I see at least they are haltered! If you like animals you will find them very interesting to work with. Figuring out each ones individual quirks and faults is foremost, followed by finding a way to deal with them.

what is their level of training? I see at least they are haltered! If you like animals you will find them very interesting to work with. Figuring out each ones individual quirks and faults is foremost, followed by finding a way to deal with them.
They are fairly well trained. They are started as packers already and have all been packed with a little (we bought them from some people that pack with other llamas and started these guys). They have been fun already working with them and getting them used to us. We have started to figure out what ones like to lead the way and what ones are followers already in our short walks around our small town.

You can't make a leader they either is... or they isn't. Tack can be painful, you have it yet? Just getting her highness going on sewing up panniers if you are in need. Saddles get passed from llama to llama as they die but panniers take a beating, buy cheap and strong, but go heavy on strong given a choice. Mine are listed on my web site at corral creek llamas if you need ideas. I don't have the ones the mrs. is sewing up of 1000D cordura yet in pictures. But they appear to be really nice, but don't tell her that I said it, she'll think I owe her money for em.

Get your boys addicted to 3 way grain mix, but don't feed it to them on any regular schedule once they are hooked on it.

You can't make a leader they either is... or they isn't. Tack can be painful, you have it yet? Just getting her highness going on sewing up panniers if you are in need. Saddles get passed from llama to llama as they die but panniers take a beating, buy cheap and strong, but go heavy on strong given a choice. Mine are listed on my web site at corral creek llamas if you need ideas. I don't have the ones the mrs. is sewing up of 1000D cordura yet in pictures. But they appear to be really nice, but don't tell her that I said it, she'll think I owe her money for em.

Get your boys addicted to 3 way grain mix, but don't feed it to them on any regular schedule once they are hooked on it.
Yes. I have to pick up the saddles and panniers next weekend. We got everything from Llamas Unlimited in Cody. I’ll keep in touch though as you’re not too far from us here I’m Elk Mountain.

They are a mix of ages. The black ones are 8 and 10, the black and white one is 10, and the spotted one is a year and half old. We want to eventually start a breeding program for the kids for their FFA projects, but all in some time.
Very nice, I have a few as well. They are a ton of fun. How old are they ?

They are a mix of ages. The black ones are 8 and 10, the black and white one is 10, and the spotted one is a year and half old. We want to eventually start a breeding program for the kids for their FFA projects, but all in some time.
That'll be a good age for the kids to start with, at that age the llamas should be pretty relaxed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back