Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Livingston bars?

devon deer

Hi All,
After our trip we will be spending our last night in Livingston before we depart on the 13th November from Bozeman.
So we intend to drown our sorrows or celebrate our success, any recommendations for a place to go for a drink?
Probably go for a bite to eat in the Montana Rib and Chop house first, i just love their ribs!
Cheers
Richard

Sorry I don't have any recommendations but had to check out any post with, "Bar" in the subject. Dang, now I'm thirsty...

...remember MT law only allows for 3 beers per person.

Don't give MT a bad name! Three beers/person only applies at tap rooms where they do not have a liquor license. Neptune's is a tap room, not a bar... the bars in MT are full service and you can drink until you pass out on the floor or the bartender cuts you off.

bars in MT are full service and you can drink until you pass out on the floor or the bartender cuts you off.

Damn it, for about 17 seconds I thought that cute bartender in West Yellowstone must have really liked me. He served me 5 beers without question.

Neptunes serves monkey piss and that's coming from somebody who'll drink PBR and smile. Chop House is good, as is the bar, then hit the Murray for some culture. I'm in Livingston every day - so I'm not BSing. Good luck hunting and drinking, Bozeman is 10 levels above. We've actually got 2 good tap houses, breweries.. Bozone and Madison River (belgrade). They serve good stuff.

Madison River is top notch, but hanging in Belowgrade should be avoided. And I've lived there so I can say that. :D

JMHO opinion always find a bar, not a brewery with some dirty flat bed trucks with a bale of straw or hay on the back and a dog that either wants to chew your arse or one that wants to lick your face (chances on the last one minimal). I would rather go to one of those type places and strike up conversation and offer to buy a few beverages. You will find the BEST place to have a good meal. I am always amazed how small the world is in these type of places. Again JMHO.

Thanks chaps, steak in the rib and chop house (or ribs i can't decide) then over to murrays, no driving involved.
Taken on board comments regarding a tap bar (no idea what that is) even if we went to one 3 beers is usually all it takes these days!
Cheers!
Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back