Hog Hunting Near Austin?

TruckStevens

Hi all -

Question for you all regarding Hog Hunting in Texas, specifically in the Austin/Lake Travis area. My wife and I are planning a family vacation to the area this November, and I am interested in spending a day or two going on a hog hunt. I am a Colorado hunter, so I don't exactly know what I am looking for or what I am doing, so I figured this might be a good place to start. We are planning to spend a couple days in the city, and a couple days in the hill country. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on outfitters or DIY option in the area? Any recommendations that folks have had success with?

Thanks in advance!

Might be hard to find a hog hunt in Nov, deer season and all.
You might look here and see what is out there:

Some places may be hog hunting only, or exotics too, but make sure they are not put and take or high fence.

Good luck they are a blast to hunt and tasty too. Spring is best in many areas, no chiggers and cool weather.
Trust me , you want to avoid chiggers.

Might be hard to find a hog hunt in Nov, deer season and all.
You might look here and see what is out there:

Some places may be hog hunting only, or exotics too, but make sure they are not put and take or high fence.

Good luck they are a blast to hunt and tasty too. Spring is best in many areas, no chiggers and cool weather.
Trust me , you want to avoid chiggers.
I wondered about it being deer season, and how that might impact or limit my options. Not sure if some places limit hog hunters during deer season. I suppose I would if I were them...

Their calendar is on their site, and from what I recall they do not. Pretty basic hunt, bring in your own food, they have cookware and utensils. Shower and bed. Guide is decent and can shoot a ram if you would like for additional $. No hidden fees was what I liked!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back