Litterbug/pig busted

One morning heading down the canyon to work there once again was a pile of garbage left in a turnout. I flipped on my flashers on the side and grabbed my camera to take pics. I was getting sick of the pigs.
My neighbor ,the county DA, pulled up and said "you find any address' ". I held up 3 envelopes in my gloved fingers. He got out and put on some gloves and joined in, in his loafers, after calling it in to the SO.
We collected a dozen envelopes with an address. All in evidence bags.

He called that night as the news came on. He had gone with the Sheriff ,G&F, Drug Task Force, and the local news to bust this a-hole, live. There was drug residue on the envelopes and some were from stolen local mail.
3 arrests on the farm 4 miles away. It was closer than the dump.
Drug lab found in a farm shed and dozens of stolen credit cards. Guy got 20 years on a third and the DA got re-elected. Oh, he was hit with the $1000 littering fine as icing.

I can't imagine dumping trash anywhere, but in Wyoming of all places? A person has to be living a miserable life to do that is the greatest state in the lower 48. I hope he at least got a vasectomy when he was a boy.

Great job. I once ran across a tool like this. Dumping on BLM. Drove back 5 plus miles just to dump his crap. I looked inside his truck and his keys were in the ignition. So i kindly took them when he was busy dumping his crap. Took the keys with me and threw them in the woods.

I called the sheriff. He asked me If I got the plates and which way I saw him drive. "he's still there, I think he was having trouble starting his truck". In about 20 minutes I saw the sheriff heading his way.

I was pulling up to the gate of the ranch I used to hunt on. Their was some deep ditches with about five feet of water at the bottom on both sides of the road leading up to it. There was a guy tossing a few tires and a battery into the water. I took a few pics and texted them to the ranch owner. He said he knew the pos. The next day I was leaving out the gate and the rancher and the litterbug were at the gate. The ranch got a hold of him and he was down in the ditch fetching all that crap out. Heck of a job as it was a deep drainage. The rancher told me later he got a free ditch cleaning out of the guy. He told him to clean all the crap out of that ditch and haul it off to the dump or he was going to turn him in. That county has an Environmental law enforcement officer that investigates illegal dumping as Part of the Sheriffs office.

Good on you @BuzzH. Our farm was about a mile from the county landfill which my dad fought vigorously against when they proposed the location. Turned out to be a good thing tho. He has monitored that thing like a damn hawk. Can’t tell you how many pos he has busted dumping after hours or on dirt roads close by. Even some county employees dumping chemicals one time. Well done sir.

I can't imagine dumping trash anywhere, but in Wyoming of all places? A person has to be living a miserable life to do that is the greatest state in the lower 48. I hope he at least got a vasectomy when he was a boy.
Sadly times have changed. Although I feel WY has a higher percentage (per capita) of sensible folks (why we moved here), we have noticed a steady decline in morals in the past 25 years.
Even ten years ago we never saw trash on the ground along highways and county gravel roads. Never saw shot up road signs.
Today there is litter at all the pull-offs and along the county and state roads. Almost ALL road signs on county roads have bullet holes in them now.
I don't know if it is the influx of OOS visitors (which has grown exponentially) or local youth have lost there sense of pride in their state... or both.
I know 15 years ago there were much fewer nose/cheek pierced, blue haired obese youngsters running around here.
It is a sad situation when one thinks of the rare beauty, and how little of it has been left untarnished, and then to see how filthy pigs litter with no regard.

Sadly times have changed. Although I feel WY has a higher percentage (per capita) of sensible folks (why we moved here), we have noticed a steady decline in morals in the past 25 years.
Even ten years ago we never saw trash on the ground along highways and county gravel roads. Never saw shot up road signs.
Today there is litter at all the pull-offs and along the county and state roads. Almost ALL road signs on county roads have bullet holes in them now.
I don't know if it is the influx of OOS visitors (which has grown exponentially) or local youth have lost there sense of pride in their state... or both.
I know 15 years ago there were much fewer nose/cheek pierced, blue haired obese youngsters running around here.
It is a sad situation when one thinks of the rare beauty, and how little of it has been left untarnished, and then to see how filthy pigs litter with no regard.
I somewhat agree, but I don't think it has anything to do with people with nose piercings or hair color.

There's just a broad range of people that have no respect for anything, including plenty of "sportsmen".

Was fishing a couple years back and walking back across the ice this old retired microsoft exec type guy (from CO), comes right over and looks in my bucket. I have a nice limit of 20" trout and he acts all friendly.

As I'm loading up my stuff, I notice him and his 2 buddies hot footing over to my spot. I go out there again a few days later, and pick up a bunch of the trash they left. Line, bunch of torn up plastic lures, lure packages, empty bait container.

These were retired tech/exec types, I know because he made it a point to tell me how he managed 1200 people, made a boatload of cash, etc. etc.

Learned my lesson, I put my fish where nobody is going to see them...and walk out of my way to avoid people.

Man, you did good! I wish more folks would report idiots like the guy you encountered.

Back