Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

List of rifles with 3 position safeties?

mummel

I really like the Winchester model 70 featherweight but am leaning more towards the all weather version.

However, at $1,100, that seems like a stretch.....

Are there any other sub $700 rifles that have a 3 position safety (ie you can load the rifle with the safety on).

Thanks.

Thompson Center Compass.. Savage 110 It's not a side swing on the bolt like the Compass and Model 70. Three position though..

My Howa Ranchland has 3 positions. not the Swing style like the MarkII rugers and Winchester.

Browning xbolt is not 3 position but you can load and unload it due to a button on the top of the bolt handle pretty slick

Ruger M77

Mausers can have them added on.

(y)

Military Mausers were actually the first rifles I know of to have 3 position safeties, appearing on the Model 1891. Of course those do not work with scopes, so many folks downgrade them to the Buehler style two position.
I have two Mausers with Winchester M70 style safety conversions. The work was performed by Ed LaPour of Bremerton, Washington. One is an M96 Swede, still in 6.5x55. The other is a 35 Whelen built on a K98. Both of these are back with Ed now to get new Kreiger barrels and sexy bottom metal. At one time he also did Sako's, Springfield 03A3s, Mark I M77 Rugers, Enfields, and more.
I believe he is winding down his business now. His website seems to have gone dark.

You can get conversion Mauser cocking pieces for DIY from Brownell's or Midway. NEGC and Gentry Custom make them. Expect to do some lapping.
@#)(#-on-close guns will also need a @#)(#-on-open striker kit fitted. This involves removing some material from the back of the bolt camming slot, which can result in grinding through the case hardening. Understandable if someone was not comfortable with that being DIY.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back