Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Life... Reflection.

Sytes

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." -Confucius

I received a PM this morning regarding hot tents. A HT member inquired where and what type of tent I shared in the Hot Tent thread. I ran a search for the thread related the tent build and, well, it brought me to start this thread.

We all have interesting experiences that shape our lives. My "Tent" search located the thread and this pivotal, "Life... Reflection" post:

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=250356&highlight=prayers+sytes

Mjoe79.....this thread will help you understand what has transpired over the last several months and why there hasn't been recent updates.

Ten years.

Thanks, ddd & putem2! I have tried to keep my posting only when something big in my book occurs though more and more it seems each day big and bigger things happen!
I'll have to raise my bar of highlight moments!

Still have one session of pt to go for the day though the last session was the same as the 3 steps HOWEVER, I MANAGED TO DO 22 STEPS!!! looked like Frankenstein on drugs probably though... man, I really do believe I'm going to walk again!
When I dropped down into the wheelchair, all I heard was people clapping... think I teared up a bit...

Anyhow, a great day! Thank you all for your prayers and support!

I made it to page eleven while tears dropped before I broke down and reflected on life.

I'm not discounting anyone for the struggles you've endured - I'm merely sharing my experience. My youth was a fight. Bounced around homes until I went in search of the world, as I perceived it, as a fifteen year - young buck. My best friend, at the time, went off to prison and somehow I steered clear of the serious offenses he committed - though I was far from a saint. Learned a year ago he took his life after his girlfriend took hers. They entered the world of cocaine, meth, etc and well - you know their conclusion.
Sixteen, I was arrested for petty theft at KMart. Instantly in awe over plain clothes loss prevention! I entered Law Enforcement at eighteen, some thirty two years ago. - Life... Reflection. I recall the moment my life internally molded who I am today.
I was installing a hidden camera to catch an employee and while I stood in the stock room of JC Penny that late evening, only myself in the entire store, I removed a nice leather wallet from it's case and held it for what seemed forever. My first impulse to steal since I entered the law enforcement side of life. No one, whatsoever, would know I took it! I placed it back in it's case and set it back on the stockroom shelf. This one moment altered my life's direction.

Fast forward to today and this post. Along the course of my life, I've fought and with that fight, I've had to accept bridges I wish I hadn't burned though, well, decisions made. I'm happy with my moral compass and life today. That said, some experiences, some moments along the way, I would love to take back. I'm sure we all share life reflections of such experiences.

That said, I've lost a couple "online friends" here on Hunt Talk and wizzed in many bowls of cheerios. As I read the "Prayers for Sytes" thread - I reflect on the Hunt Talk amazing people I've met along the way whom are friends today. Many I've yet to meet in person though - look forward to such an opportunity. Along with a few bridges I've burned and a couple that continue to smolder. I'm saddened as differing opinions shape our relations. Our mannerism's within our posts reflect the person we are - or in some cases maybe project the person we want to be seen as in our pompous moments. Sometimes our "fight" leads us away from reasonable posting etiquette and divides us from the one true factor: Our common value for the outdoors.

The reality, while reflecting on my life, I'd sit around a campfire with anyone here. Laugh over spilt milk - and reflect on the water that runs off a duck's back. Sure, we hold varied views though respect supersedes our differences, or it should. I've viewed many here who hold a level outside arguing / bickering and admire your interpersonal skills. Ten years since my second significant life altering setting has me reflecting on my life. One final comment: We can not take back yesterday. We make today, tomorrow, and our future. Best to you and your today, tomorrow and your future.

Nice comments. I try to believe that our differences is our strength. I know I don't have all the answers.
Your knowledge base comes from your life's experiences and the Good Lord made us all individuals. Our common goal is using and protecting our public lands and natural resources such as wild game.
I know I enjoy reading how others do things. And there's probably plenty folks who read my stuff n go huh ! That's ok, I know I do my own thing that works for me.

Thank you Charles. Your strength and honesty are very apparent in your posts. This is a great reminder to treat others well and be a positive light in this world! I need those reminders as I fail continually as a human, but God always has my back and loves me regardless of the mistakes I make!

I remember that day and that post...happy we are reflecting with the subject today. Here's to ya Charles.

Last edited:
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." -Confucius

I received a PM this morning regarding hot tents. A HT member inquired where and what type of tent I shared in the Hot Tent thread. I ran a search for the thread related the tent build and, well, it brought me to start this thread.

We all have interesting experiences that shape our lives. My "Tent" search located the thread and this pivotal, "Life... Reflection" post:

Ten years.

I made it to page eleven while tears dropped before I broke down and reflected on life.

I'm not discounting anyone for the struggles you've endured - I'm merely sharing my experience. My youth was a fight. Bounced around homes until I went in search of the world, as I perceived it, as a fifteen year - young buck. My best friend, at the time, went off to prison and somehow I steered clear of the serious offenses he committed - though I was far from a saint. Learned a year ago he took his life after his girlfriend took hers. They entered the world of cocaine, meth, etc and well - you know their conclusion.
Sixteen, I was arrested for petty theft at KMart. Instantly in awe over plain clothes loss prevention! I entered Law Enforcement at eighteen, some thirty two years ago. - Life... Reflection. I recall the moment my life internally molded who I am today.
I was installing a hidden camera to catch an employee and while I stood in the stock room of JC Penny that late evening, only myself in the entire store, I removed a nice leather wallet from it's case and held it for what seemed forever. My first impulse to steal since I entered the law enforcement side of life. No one, whatsoever, would know I took it! I placed it back in it's case and set it back on the stockroom shelf. This one moment altered my life's direction.

Fast forward to today and this post. Along the course of my life, I've fought and with that fight, I've had to accept bridges I wish I hadn't burned though, well, decisions made. I'm happy with my moral compass and life today. That said, some experiences, some moments along the way, I would love to take back. I'm sure we all share life reflections of such experiences.

That said, I've lost a couple "online friends" here on Hunt Talk and wizzed in many bowls of cheerios. As I read the "Prayers for Sytes" thread - I reflect on the Hunt Talk amazing people I've met along the way whom are friends today. Many I've yet to meet in person though - look forward to such an opportunity. Along with a few bridges I've burned and a couple that continue to smolder. I'm saddened as differing opinions shape our relations. Our mannerism's within our posts reflect the person we are - or in some cases maybe project the person we want to be seen as in our pompous moments. Sometimes our "fight" leads us away from reasonable posting etiquette and divides us from the one true factor: Our common value for the outdoors.

The reality, while reflecting on my life, I'd sit around a campfire with anyone here. Laugh over spilt milk - and reflect on the water that runs off a duck's back. Sure, we hold varied views though respect supersedes our differences, or it should. I've viewed many here who hold a level outside arguing / bickering and admire your interpersonal skills. Ten years since my second significant life altering setting has me reflecting on my life. One final comment: We can not take back yesterday. We make today, tomorrow, and our future. Best to you and your today, tomorrow and your future.
I couldn’t agree more. I wish Nothing but love and prosperity to each and every one of you. Thank you for this.

Your reflection is sincere and I personally sympathize with you. Intensive PT and 10 years sure makes a difference. And Pennies ain’t worth a goddamn, but it was field surveillance experience so good on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back