Life changing News.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
(here is an Email I sent out this afternoon)

Life Changing news..........… and although most of you think it’s me finally coming out of the closet, you are mistaken J

Seriously though, I had to start with a joke because the following if tough to say. I have decided to make a career change and wanted everyone to know from the horse’s mouth (Or Moose’s mouth I guess) and not through the rumor mill. Today will be my last day with Elk Mountain Engineering, Inc. (Full time at least, I will still come back in to help answer questions and make a good transition with me out of projects). My 2 partners are still 2 of my best friends and our employees are by far the best in the world. I don’t want anyone rumor milling anything else besides that. The decision was hard to leave and try another venue but for my family and myself I feel it is the right one.

I will become a loan officer and do home loans and mortgage refinancing. Most of you know I deal already a lot in real estate and this seems to be a good fit. I will be sending out information early next week to inform everyone of my new email address.

Until that time, you can Email me at this Email. My cell is still the same so don’t hesitate to call me either. Hopefully everyone is well and I’ll update you soon !!!

Good luck on the new venue Oscar and I wish you all the best in your new turn of events... :)

I guess you could have been an arobics instructor working off all those choco shakes and what ever it was you caught the other day in that dumpster... :p

At least this time you didn't drag out your life changing news 6 months...good luck O!

You change careers just about as often as you go to the gym......

Good luck Moosie on your new endeavor. I might have to look you up when I decide to purchase a place. I expect great kickbacks though.....

Congratulations. I hope you get what you want out of the change.

Best of luck O. Takes some gonads to remove yourself from a comfortable situation and try something new. I commend you.

I saw this as the top thread and I thought to myself...have we not figured out what his life changing news is from a year or two ago yet?!

Whats this "I might" crap ?!?! ;)

YAh, it's something I was born to do.. unles it doesn't work out. Then, I'm jsut a sucker. Regardless, sometimes you have to lay your Gonads on the track and let the train ride :D :D

good luck with it Moosie, maybe if you're closer to town I can actually make it to see you more than once in two years.

have we not figured out what his life changing news is from a year or two ago yet?!

The life changing news at that time was me going out and starting my own Engineering firm. Dude.. it was only 6 months till you had to wait, don't play it up like it was a long time !! ;)

Whats funny is..... I started cadd before I had a diploma. I went out on my own without having any clients. I bought rentals withough knowing anything about owning them. I started an Engineering firm without a license (Partner had one) . NOW,,, I'm going into the lending buisness without ever closing a loan or even having my license yet for it. :eek:

Nothing like jumping into something withough knowing anything.... but, At least it's not the first time ;)

My next goal in life is to becum a spelling skewl teacher without nowing how 2 spel !!! That wood be Kick A$$ !!!! And if you don't think I can... jsut sit back and watch !!! :p

I too looked at the date on your post, thinking it was finally the answer to one of your many "life changing news" post. LOL.

Good luck, the best way to get into this stuff is feet first. Nothing makes you learn faster than mistakes.

Good luck in your change. It seems like something that has your interest at this time. You should enjoy it.

and here I was thinking he was finally getting the breast reduction surgery he so badly needs

Best of luck Oscar...sounds like something you've really been wanting to do. I have no doubt you'll be successful.

I once was told by an older Uncle to set out on three careers, and pick the one that Picks you! I hope this is the one that was waiting to Pick you! Good Luck and Best Wishes. John

Let's face it Oscar, you changed professions, just so you now qualify as a "real estate professional" under the tax code, and now there are no restrictions on the deductibility of your rental real estate losses. ;)

Good luck.

Can you take clients from other states? I no longer have any local referral options in the mortage business, after chastising the local ones here that they at least need to know how to read a financial statement and a tax return, and threating bodily harm to the next one that calls me around the April 15th deadline. If I have clients needing financing, can I send them to you without any violation of laws?

These would be good clients for you. They are already accustomed to getting billed my excessive hourly rate for the time it takes me to update them on my hunting and fishing adventures since the last meeting, for the time to email hunting pics, answer hunting related questions, etc. So, if you billed them a "hunting related surcharge" for the cost of your hunting, they would not even blink, as they are in the habit of doing the same for me. :D

I can't believe some folks would question a "fuel surcharge" for a CPA firm. Those who snivel are now former clients. :confused: I mean, WTF, at least I am being honest with them about what the fee increase is for. My hunting costs.

After all, fuel is a big part of my annual expenses driving around the west chasing animals. At least they don't get billed for postage, copies, faxes, and other chit like that.

I hope you make tons of money and get lots of time to hunt and fish.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back