Yeti GOBOX Collection

Life Changing News (The real deal....)

From One Draftsman to Another: Way to Go! You will Knock Em dead! I was about the same age when I started my firm, just better looking! Remember when or If things get slow, get on the other side of that door and build clients. Been there, glad I did It. John

Congrats Moosie! I actually did the same thing yesterday. Gave my notice at the job I've been at for 11 years to become a partner in a fairly new General Contracting firm. Scary isn't it?? Good Luck with your new venture. Who knows, maybe we will work together in the future.

What? and no one, NO ONE :eek: is going to say "is that all"? ;) :D

Even I have to admit that with all the hair-brained things Moosie does, I like the sound of this one. That mostly has to do with the fact that Deadeye seems like a rock-solid guy with a good head on his shoulders so I think he might be able to rein Oscar in a bit. (The jury is still out on the real estate thing :rolleyes: ) That being said, I want to see what the enthusiasm level is like three years from now. Always the boring pragmatist.

Oscar is wrong though about attitudes about him. I don't think anyone thought he wouldn't amount to much. O has never been a wallflower in his life. I just think the way he does things, he has equal possibility in being a colossal 'crash and burn' as in being a colossal success. One extreme or the other. What I don't expect is any boring middle ground. That's my domain anyway, so he isn't even invited. ;)

Good luck mooseman...

A few more years and I hope to be doing the same thing. Working for other people is for the birds.

I ventured out on my own a little over a year ago. I love not having anyone over my shoulder. Sometimes the days are long but I usually don't mind. Soon I'll be expanding into a few different venues in my business and I'm preparing to hire my first employee within the next 4-6 weeks. I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck and congrats.........

Yeah, I know the whole school thing, Oscar. I was a little different in that I was in all the "gifted" programs and hated them and the "no common sense" idiotic students in there with me. School sucked and was boring as Hell. I graduated early and had several scholarship offers. But I fooled around - then got drawn as Numero Uno in the last draft lottery that they actually took anyone from. Went to Nam and never did finish college.

Now I just get by and just started a new job as a Senior VP for a major national underwriter. Just got the 2006 Volvo that they ordered for my company car - got to pick the color and everything. A corner office that is about 1/4 the size of my first house. A degree isn't everything.

I have all the confidence in the world in you, Oscar! You'll have fun at it, too, because you have fun in everything you do, I think.

Tell me more about that business Moosie.
What type of work; site design for new buildings, sewer & water design, roads, bridges, building design, etc.????
How do you handle it when you need an engineers stamp / seal on the plans?
We can't get state permits around here unless plans are stamped by a registered engineer or architect.

Just curious how things work in your part of the world. My company is a design & build, industrial commercial general contracting firm. We don't have any licensed engineer on staff either, but partner up with one when needed.

Warrens a P.E. (Professional Engineer). Thats State(S) wide, not just a you're area/my area thing. He has the stamp. Stamps Are State specific although most have a retroprosity soemthing or other you can pay and Apply for (Except Cali which is their own thing ;) )

Yah, Sewer, Water, Storm Drain, detention ponds Retension ponds, Site layouts, Plats, And anything we need to do to get Developement through the city.

Moosie said:
most have a retroprosity soemthing or other

Ah yes 'retroprosity', how can anyone doubt his potential. ;) :D

Suggestions for retroprosity from Websters online:
1. retro-rocket
2. retro-rockets
3. retributory
4. retroviruses
5. retroperitoneal
6. retrovirus
7. luteotropins
8. retrofits
9. reattributes
10. retrofires

Which could he have meant? I vote for the stomach one. :D

OHHHHH DANG.. that was a Burn !!! Older sister coming out of left field. Got me on the Spelling again !!! Always making sure my feet are on the ground.......

Let's review:

I can't spell, Can't type, Can't remember much, never graduated Highschool really, no real College degree...... Yet.... I seem to be doing "OK" to say the least :confused: Hey, on the Realestate thing you're still doubting up above, Remember the 105k House I bought for mom last year.. ohh yah , It's worth 150k if I sold it today. Maybe I can't spell, but I can do math, and I will... all the way to the bank !!!! (I need to check the other 6 homes I own to see what they are worth too.......) Closing on my Lowman property with Cash next Friday.....

OHHHH DANG, 1 point for little non-spelling bro...:p

See you at Oscar's B-day Party on Friday, We're watching Harry Potter on the 65" wide Screen TV that night....:eek:

-NON Speler

Good luck! MailOrderBride's in a very similar situation (owns a company with one other) and it keeps her busy, but she's not complaining.

Oh Moosie and that is retention ponds...not detention ponds. I guess since you spent a lot of time in "detention" I could see how you get em mixed up.:D hump :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WW2 Buff
Back