Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Leupold Question

Rooster52

I have two older Leupold scopes. One is a1990 3-9x40 VX II the other is a 1988 VX III 2.5-8X36. How would you say they compare to the new models of today.

Those are both solid scopes, but Leupold has upgraded quite a bit since then. mtmuley

FWIW, if my understanding and recollection are correct you do not have VX series scopes. You have the prior Vari-X series of scopes. Somewhere in there the added different coatings (MC4) and even went to full coating. Vari-X, VX with roman numerals, then VX with regular numbers in order of oldest to newest.

The new ones are probably 'better', but one would be hard pressed to convince me that you'll gain any appreciable advantage over one's of your vintages. I have a Vari-X series and an M8 that will take me past legal shooting time.

FWIW, if my understanding and recollection are correct you do not have VX series scopes. You have the prior Vari-X series of scopes. Somewhere in there the added different coatings (MC4) and even went to full coating. Vari-X, VX with roman numerals, then VX with regular numbers in order of oldest to newest.

The new ones are probably 'better', but one would be hard pressed to convince me that you'll gain any appreciable advantage over one's of your vintages. I have a Vari-X series and an M8 that will take me past legal shooting time.

This+1

For general reference:

Attachments

• SWFA_Vari-X_to_VX.jpg
    SWFA_Vari-X_to_VX.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 261
I have a Vari-X II 2-7 from 1981 on my 7mm mag and a Vari-X III 2.5-8 from 1985 on a .270 and both are excellent scopes. Never had any problems with them. You can't go wrong with any Leoupold scope.

I was thinking of tradeing both of my scopes for a new VX3 ,but I am going to keep them now. Thanks for all the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back