Leupold CDS help

Sjackson

In the process of sending away my CDS info, but Im a little handicapped in the data department.

Was wondering if anyone might have some real time data for this particular factory load with rifle setup??

Rifle- Browning Hells Canyon LR 7mm Rem Mag 26'' barrel
Load- Barnes 160 Grain TSX BT
Scope- Leupold VX5 3-15x44

I don't own a chronograph, but want to give Leupold the most accurate velocity I can while they build my CDS. Barnes states on there website 2950 ft/s.
Was wondering if anyone might be able to give me any feedback as to this number being accurate or barnes pumping up the numbers. Thanks guys.

If you don't get actual velocity out of your specific rifle you are better off sticking with the "MOA" markings on the factory turret (that came installed) and printing out a drop chart based on shooting actual distances at local range.

Can somebody answer: if you have the custom CDS built can you switch between that and MOA or is the switch permanent? Thanks

Kinda seems like a person could switch back and forth if wanted. You are just loosening the little screws on the turrets to change out.

That's what I was thinking, looks to be the case, just wanted to double check. I think I would prefer MOA but just want to understand what all comes with these scopes.

That's what I was thinking, looks to be the case, just wanted to double check. I think I would prefer MOA but just want to understand what all comes with these scopes.

I‘ve got two scopes from Leupold myself. I contemplated the CDS dials but decided to stick with the MOA turrets instead.

Your new dial will mount the same way as the factory installed dial, it is not permanent. You need to buy a Chronograph, the more precise data you give them the more precise your shots will be.

If you really can't access a chronograph, you can still get the needed data. You just have to shoot the drops as you would with the MOA turret. Provide them the drop data and they send you a CDS.

Back