PEAX Equipment

let the trapping begin!

I don't see anything wrong with posing in a picture with a wolf if I were to catch one.I get in pictures of everything else I take;why is trapping different?????I won't bow down to any anti.if the state made it legal for me to do so I should be proud of my accomplishment!!!!!Its not like I posing with something illegal
Please, bring on the hero shots and good luck.I hope you trappers can all fill your 3 tags,and put management ahead of the antis

I don't see anything wrong with posing in a picture with a wolf if I were to catch one.I get in pictures of everything else I take;why is trapping different?????I won't bow down to any anti.if the state made it legal for me to do so I should be proud of my accomplishment!!!!!Its not like I posing with something illegal
Please, bring on the hero shots and good luck.I hope you trappers can all fill your 3 tags,and put management ahead of the antis

They're talking about someone posing in front of a live, bloody wolf in a trap.

You don't have to bow to the antis just be sensitive to those that may be on the fence and not fully grasp the situation. It's a hell of a lot easier to use the negative images of trapping to convince the unconvinced than it is to portray the benefits. It's an uphill battle, no need to toss on a 90lb pack.

There are very few pictures of trapped animals that are bloody. It is far less bloody than many hunting shots. I agree that the pics should be reasonably tasteful with no closeups of the foot in the trap etc., but there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with posting a pic of a trapped animal. Cowering from the truth is what is wrong with this country today.

Too many people cower in fear of the bunny huggers. Besides being just plain fun, trapping one of the best management practices for varmints and is part of our American western heritage. If you are adverse to animals being harvest, why would you be on a forum like this to start with?

Pictures on a forum are not going to change someones mind that is not already made up and the fence setters are generally not going to be in favor anyway. If people don't understand or look at management rationally, they probably aren't going to change their attitude with pictures. Go to trapperman.com and look at the pics. They have been battling antis for years and the forum just keeps growing. Bring on the pictures! I love shots of big wolves that aren't killing deer, elk, and moose anymore.

You must not have seen the pic of that bozo trapper in Idaho last winter.

There are bozos everywhere and they cannot be avoided. Everyone in society in one form or another suffer because of bozos, but they cannot be allowed to dictate what rational people do or see.

Yes it was and it should have been. I am just saying that there is nothing wrong with responsible pictures. It is no different with a hunting picture. Even hunters don't like to see bloody pictures. That is not the purpose of the picture and banning pictures because one may be in poor taste is not the answer.

Just as was done on trapperman, if the pic is bad it can be handled by moderators.

By "lifted off trapper man" I meant lifted by footloose and Defenders for their benefit.

Yes it was and it should have been. I am just saying that there is nothing wrong with responsible pictures. It is no different with a hunting picture. Even hunters don't like to see bloody pictures. That is not the purpose of the picture and banning pictures because one may be in poor taste is not the answer.

Just as was done on trapperman, if the pic is bad it can be handled by moderators.

We're trying to pass along some wisdom,so you and others don't make the same mistake. The "in-your-face" attitude you have, is what we're trying to avoid.

Trapping and hunting of wolves isn't a given now. We must police our ranks, put our best foot forward, for the sport we all share. If you not willing to do so, then your going to be part of the problem.

Don't be THAT guy. We will be under scrutiny for years to come.

Pictures are fine, just respect yourself, and the animal you take. If your posting a picture or a video, then ask yourself some questions.

If your not a hunter or trapper, would viewing the media make you feel angry or uncomfortable?

Is the media tasteful, and respectful?

I've posted pictures of animals in traps, ones that didn't focus on the trap. If just showed the animal.

We can get past the scrutiny period, IF people wise up.

I really wish I was still living in Bozeman now! Glad to see it happen though and best of luck to everyone that will be running lines for them!

I don't have an "in your face" attitude. All I am saying is that people should not be cowering away from posting pictures. No one seems to hesitate to post hunting pictures and trapping is no different. I am sorry if you got your feelings hurt by me defending trapping. I stated that they should be done correctly, just as hunting pictures should.

It needs to be put in perspective. Trapping is no less a harvest and management than hunting is and it should be treated as such. Why is it that there is such an uproar over the potential of a trapping picture not being appropriate and nothing is said about hunting?

AS I ALREADY STATED, they both need to be tastefully done and they should both be welcomed.

Nuff said.

Last edited:
It needs to be put in perspective. Trapping is no less a harvest and management than hunting is and it should be treated as such. Why is it that there is such an uproar over the potential of a trapping picture not being appropriate and nothing is said about hunting?

It's clear that you don't get the difference.

The "Uproar" is over "TRAPPING" what part of that don't you get? Many people, including hunters are against it. It's not deserved, but that's the way it is for now. Hopefully education will quite the critics, as will, the points I've been trying to make with you.

People will use, what ever we give them, against us.

Sbhooper check out Footloose Montana and maybe you will understand.

Sbhooper check out Footloose Montana and maybe you will understand.

Footloose was only 4000 signatures and two legislative districts away from getting their ballot in 2010. Having a named, collared wolf from Yellowstone that gets trapped and some dbag puts it on the internet, that will secure Footloose's funding so that they will get it on the ballot in 2013. As few people as there are now that support trapping, I'm not sure we could defeat that initiative (prohibiting trapping on public land).

I think it's a done deal. From my understanding, FWP is/was going to allow snaring next year. But I don't think they're gonna get that chance. IMHO, Footloose is gonna get the sigs this time, they are gonna be legit(unlike last time), and it will make the ballot and pass handily.

MT FWP should be expecting this and go on the offensive. By this I mean, utilize private lands to the hilt. Trapping on public land is going away, so use Plum Creek, Stoltze, and all the private "valley" land and go all out, year-round season, no quotas, snaring, electronic calls, etc on private land, OR do like the Canadians do and say all the above on ALL LANDS(minus trapping on public land) below 3100 feet elevation. You can still put a hurting on them, they prove that in BC.

Start now and let it be known, if Footloose passes this, that is what's coming.

The truly sad part is, it shouldn't be an issue. MT has enough hunter's per capita than most any state. If they would get off their asses, and get to the voting booth, nothing like this would pass. But as some have stated before, apathy is the calling card of hunters in MT.

I think it's a done deal. From my understanding, FWP is/was going to allow snaring next year. But I don't think they're gonna get that chance. IMHO, Footloose is gonna get the sigs this time, they are gonna be legit(unlike last time), and it will make the ballot and pass handily.

MT FWP should be expecting this and go on the offensive. By this I mean, utilize private lands to the hilt. Trapping on public land is going away, so use Plum Creek, Stoltze, and all the private "valley" land and go all out, year-round season, no quotas, snaring, electronic calls, etc on private land, OR do like the Canadians do and say all the above on ALL LANDS(minus trapping on public land) below 3100 feet elevation. You can still put a hurting on them, they prove that in BC.

Start now and let it be known, if Footloose passes this, that is what's coming.

The truly sad part is, it shouldn't be an issue. MT has enough hunter's per capita than most any state. If they would get off their asses, and get to the voting booth, nothing like this would pass. But as some have stated before, apathy is the calling card of hunters in MT.

If we go down that route, then we lose all management because we get wolves relisted.

This isn't that difficult. Manage conservatively for the monitoring period and use the knowledge to adapt each season until we get where we want to go.

Politicians and SFW want us to go too far, it's their power base. CBD wants us to go too far because then it means relisting. Ag groups don't are one way or another because they're Aiken care of. Sick of getting played yet?

Last edited:
Back