MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Leer vs. ARE topper?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I used mine like you. Camping in it if I needed to. And did a few times. I had the carpet on the ceiling and walls. I never did get around to getting it in the bed. I will next time though. I really liked it.

I did a bunch of research back in June trying to decide on a new topper for my truck. I went with ARE and it should be coming in next week. Super excited to have it for this years hunts. Good luck!
Pics and summary of first impressions, please!

What are/did you guys pay for an ARE or rather what is a ballpark cost? Been thinking for a while now that I want one for my 2008 crewcab.

I just got a A.R.E Z series for my new truck $3000. Now the 2 month wait to actually get it

Keeps water out well, but there are gaps in the tailgate area that let dust in. It's pretty minor, but it happens.

Show me an enclosure device on a pickup bed that doesn’t do this. It’s the nature of the beast.
Okey dokey. Leer topper with Bedrug. Never a speck of dust or water.

20200814_215304.jpg

I think the Bedrug sealing the bottom of the tailgate and the window going over the top is a great setup for keeping out the elements.

20200814_220015.jpg

Last edited:
I think its another ford chevy debate. Ive had both and both have there issues. I vote for whatever you get a better deal on. I also built a camper/sleeping platform in mine also. I paid 650 off Facebook marketplace so deals can be found if your not in a hurry 20200809_140238.jpg

Okey dokey. Leer topper with Bedrug. Never a speck of dust or water.
Glad it works for you. Looks sharp. I’ve sealed the entire back end of mine. I’m firmly convinced the moon dust in this part of the world can permeate glass. Hell, I see it coming in around my pickup door. If it’ll do that, there sure as hell isn’t a topper around that will stop it.

I've got a 13 f150. Just bought a Leer made to fit for 100.00. Found it on marketplace. Lots of toppers for sale on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back