PEAX Equipment

Late Seaon Cow Hunt

Rocky176

2016 wyoming elk.jpg

Just got home from Wyoming. It started to snow on the first day of the hunt and the switch was turned on. We harvested three cow elk, the freezer is full....

Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. I am thankful every day.

Pretty country, and a fun hunt , much to be Thankful for indeed!! Nice job!! Taking my wife and daughter to try to do the same in a few weeks for the first time :)

congrats! Was up there last Friday and Saturday and just missed them in area I was hunting. :( Knew the weather would have them moving.

Congrats to you harvesting some great eating. I have to wait until January to try and fill my late season cow elk here in NV.

We had area 56 cow tags, no general tags. I was a little worried with all the reports of very warm temperatures.

My wife and I spent 3 days before the hunt on the elk refuge in Jackson. We hiked 4 miles up to Taggart Lake, hikers were taking advantage of the nice weather. We talked to some locals and they said they usually have 1 - 3 foot of snow on the ground at that time of year. We didn't see any elk on the refuge.

Good Luck Muskeez.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back