Late Nevada muley hunt.

Sounds like a truly great adventure in that unit on that hunt and i guess in the long run that is all the matters..inches and scores get muddled in the mind over time, but memories of good days on the hill never fade..enjoyed the read

A couple of IR tc's watching camp and the road in for a return visit from 'mr weirdo' would have been handy..

Congrats looks like a great hunt. Trail cams are great for watching camp. Who the hell sticks his head in the strangers cooler? You're lucky you showed up at the right time.

Sometimes the best hunts end with an unfilled tag. You did fine and will remember your experience for a long time to come. I had an awesome archery elk hunt last year. I was within bow range of 300 class bulls multiple times each day for 11 days straight. The best elk hunt ever, bar none. I never tagged out waiting for a giant and wouldn't change a minute of that hunt for anything. The good news is you are young enough to draw that tag again and with the way the NV draw works, it probably won't take 10 more years.

Really enjoyed your story...thanks for taking us along and congrats on a very nice buck!

Great story, pics and outcome Tyson.....I mean "junglecatninja":D.......a wonderful adventure well shared. Thanks.

Tyson, it is easier than people think for that sort of thing to happen during an intense stalk when your on a great tag. That was a great hunt and that is a great buck. I know a lot of guys, good hunters that have never killed a buck that good. Apply,apply,apply and you will go again!

Great story T Bone. You had a great hunt.

I know how hard it is to keep those deer sorted in that mess. NV Longbow and I had Elvis at 100 yards, right where you took those pics. For the life of me, I could not sort him from the other buck, due to the thick stuff they were in. Elvis lived to see another day because of how mixed up I was as to which buck was which.

Glad you had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing it here. Congrats on a great buck.

Congrats on the great buck, cant believe how tough a draw that zone is even for residents.

Great write up, great photos, and a great deer. Perspective and humilty come at us in the strangest ways sometimes, kudos to you for welcoming them. What a great adventure, some of my fondest hunting trip memories involve mediocrity.

Nice write up, sounds like a fun hunt. I have 10 points for Nevada deer and hope to draw a hunt like this someday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back