Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kuiu sleeping bag

Elkoholic

Does anyone have any experience yet with the Kuiu down sleeping bags? I'm wanting to purchase a down bag, after several reviews and reading old threads I'm leaning towards a BA Mystic or Pomer Hoitt or Western mountaineering Alpinlite but would like to include the Kuiu in my choices as well. Any first hand experience with the Kuiu would be appreciated. Thx.

I'm having the same problem. I have been to the Kuiu store front and the sleeping bag looks and feels top notch. Just haven't come across very many reviews for it in the field. I have the Kuiu attack pants, guide jacket and rain gear and if the sleeping bag is built to the high standards of the clothing I can't imagine it isn't just a bad ass bag.

I I have the Kuiu attack pants, guide jacket and rain gear and if the sleeping bag is built to the high standards of the clothing I can't imagine it isn't just a bad ass bag.

I agree as I have all the same Kuiu gear you mentioned along with the super down pants & jacket, so I went with my confidence in their gear and pulled the trigger just last night on the sleeping bag. I'll have my opinion & review after Sept. to share. I am sure it will not disappoint. Thx for your input.

My Kuiu bag arrived Fri. Initial impressions are; light weight (2.07lbs in the stuff sack) Kuiu advertises bag only at 1lb 14oz which is probably true. Material appears to be the same as their Super down gear if you're familiar with it and compression is outstanding. Waterproof; I poured a glass of water on the bag, it puddles up immediately, let stand approx 1min with no sign of dampness after clean up. Down loft; the bag lofts up very quickly and thick. Roominess; it is a mummy style but not as constricting as some others might be, I do like the foot box with vertical room. Functionality; of course this was in house use, draft collar and draw string appear placed very well, the hood is nice for those who like to use that or could double aiding in pillow cushioning. The only con I can find right now and it's minor is the zipper snagging approx 10in from being fully zipped which appears to be from the extreme amount of loft pushing the tapped seam over, but otherwise the zipper works very well in all other areas. Zipper goes down nearly to the foot box allowing ease of entry, also zips up from the bottom to allow venting if needed. Overall very pleased to this point and looking forward to some nights in the tent in Sept.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 987

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back