Kodiak canvas flex bow tent

That is an amazing deal on that awesome tent. Absolutely love mine. Been through snow, rain, wind sleet and summer heat. I do put a tarp underneath to keep it clean, I have an "outdoor" carpet that I put inside and as others have mentioned, I also use a couple of floor mats to minimize the dirt being tracked in. Big fan of cots as well and we usually have a Mr Buddy Heater. But I will say this, the vestibule kit is a game changer. So wish I would have put this in a long time before. I love it. Here is a picture of mine from our archery camp a couple summers ago.View attachment 136753View attachment 136754
That’s a nice setup

At the moment I am not in the market for one of these, but have seen Cushman's in action and was pretty impressed.

I am curious if anyone has tried to get a stove jack sewn into one? It seems like a good source of dry heat would be awesome come late season to dry boots and stuff.

Stoves are for rigid tents.

This tent and the original Springbar tent are designed to flex in the wind, creating a dangerous situation if the wind blows, not to mention no clear place to put a jack.

Last edited:
Stoves are for rigid tents.

This tent and the original Springbar tent are designed to flex in the wind, creating a dangerous situation if the wind blows, not to mention no clear place to put a jack.
All true, but it has been done and safely. I had a guy at Kirkhams tell me that they do not recommend putting a stove in a Springbar. After a bit of prying he said that staking out the four upper corners stiffened more than enough for a stove and that they work pretty well in one (wink, wink).

All true, but it has been done and safely. I had a guy at Kirkhams tell me that they do not recommend putting a stove in a Springbar. After a bit of prying he said that staking out the four upper corners stiffened more than enough for a stove and that they work pretty well in one (wink, wink).

I have the Springbar tent as well, and also had a similar conversation, but didn't pry, just took the fact that they don't recommend it and left it at that.

I also have a 12x14 wall tent with stove for winter camping, so its really a non issue for me anyway.

When it's colder I just take the wall tent.

In nicer weather, or shorter trips with the family, I take the Springbar.

To me the cost and risk of modifying something is not worth the risk of loosing it all anyway, when a regular wall tent can be had for a reasonable cost which has been designed for a stove. :/

<<< Had a wall tent set up for four months this winter and up to three weeks at times in the past over the last 20 years.

That is an amazing deal on that awesome tent. Absolutely love mine. Been through snow, rain, wind sleet and summer heat. I do put a tarp underneath to keep it clean, I have an "outdoor" carpet that I put inside and as others have mentioned, I also use a couple of floor mats to minimize the dirt being tracked in. Big fan of cots as well and we usually have a Mr Buddy Heater. But I will say this, the vestibule kit is a game changer. So wish I would have put this in a long time before. I love it. Here is a picture of mine from our archery camp a couple summers ago.View attachment 136753View attachment 136754
Is 479$ a good deal on a kodiak 10x14 basic tent.

Is 479$ a good deal on a kodiak 10x14 basic tent.
Seems fair for sure. Lots of places on the interweb have that one for $499, so it isn't an amazing deal. I got mine in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas. It had a small tear in one corner where the previous owner had torn it with a pole during set up it looked like. A canvas patch kit, some canvas glue and about 20 minutes to set up and install the patch, and my $300 investment for the DLX version was well made.

Air mattress are too cold, there is no need to choose, because air mattress are a very bad idea in any way.
Of course, cot isn't a good orthopedic king size mattress, but anyway, it's better than the air one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back