Kings Camo

Bowhunter60

************DISCLAIMER - I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED WITH KINGS CAMO. I RECEIVE NO COMPENSATION OR PRODUCT FROM THEM FOR THIS REVIEW.**********

For those of us vertically gifted hunters, you know, as well as I, how difficult it can be to find affordable, quality hunt clothing. Problem solved for me. I've recently switched to the Kings Camo line of clothing.

I'm 6'7" and weight about 250. I have been for some time, looking for quality outdoor clothing that fits me. For those of you, like me, you know, it seems most clothing companies think the world's men don't have inseams longer than 34" for the most part. This holds true for camo companies as well. I spoke with the manufacturer of a very good quality clothing line regarding this issue. They understood the frustration and said they work with another company who will sew the additional inches on the pants for those of us who need it. Notwithstanding the fact that buying a full set up of this companies product will set you back a grand if not more, add the additional $200 to have the pants lengthened and your in for a bite out of your NR tag budget.

Enter Kings Camo out of Utah. They manufacture a complete line of good quality camo clothing for those of us who need those extra inches. All of this, at very affordable prices, considerably less than some of the other premium manufacturers.

I've been using Kings for a year now, have hunted and scouted in them in the high alpine regions to the desert and found them very comfortable and durable. Several camo patterns are available; Desert Shadow, Mountain Shadow, Snow Shadow, Field Shadow, and Woodland Shadow. I've used the Desert and Mountain Shadow patterns in the XKG line and have been very happy with their comfort and performance.

So guys, if you're looking for good quality clothing at affordable prices, give Kings Camo a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. Their worth every penny to get good camo at affordable prices.

I have a couple of pieces and found it to be shiny out in the sun. Any issues with this when you are hunting? I love the look and patterns but didn't like the "sheen" it has when the sun is on it.
Thanks,
John

I have a couple of pieces and found it to be shiny out in the sun. Any issues with this when you are hunting? I love the look and patterns but didn't like the "sheen" it has when the sun is on it.
Thanks,
John

Same issue, gave the only item I've purchased away because of it.

I know exactly what your referring to, as that was my first reaction when I opened them up. However, I suppose I was a little more excited to have camo that actually fit well, and, it has never proven to be an issue for me during my hunts. I was able to stalk within 20 yards of a 300 lb Russian Boar in them. Yes, Boar aren't known for their eyesight I know. But, the hog didn't even know I was there. On another note, I was recently scouting an area for some Coyote & Bobcat hunting. While there, I spotted a full curl Desert Bighorn, who are known for their eyesight. Although I was about 500 yards away, he didn't notice me at all despite my movement to obtain a better glassing spot to watch him.

fullsizeoutput_101b.jpgfullsizeoutput_f70.jpg

I hope this answers your comments.

Last edited:
I use it and love it! If you have any concern about the "shine" that will go away after a wash or two.
Personally, I can't say enough good about their merino wool base layer top...it is wonderful and half the price of most other merino base layers.

Can't find the wool base layer top. I'm in need of all new hunting clothes this year. But for a good reason mine are all way to big! This might be the route a poor boy like me takes

Has any one had any experience with their rain gear? I tried some on, but just wondering how well it really works in the rain is one model better than another?

I love all the Kings gear. I have the entire XKG series, and the quality and price are unmatched in my opinion. I have personally never had an issue with shine alerting any animal. Most grass and leaves have some shine to them anyway, and it seems to be less after washing.

golfer,
They have three different types of rain gear. I would steer away from the guides choice rain gear as it isn't as durable as the climatex or XKG. If you can spring for it, the XKG is my choice.

Hope this helps.

I was leaning towards the XKG, but I was more or less worried at the fact that there is little to no breathability on it.

Back