Caribou Gear

Kaycee, Wyoming

nidahunter

Anyone ever stayed at the Cassidy Inn in Kaycee? Going down in October for antelope, rooms are getting hard to get so I reserved a room sight unseen. Price is good so hopefully it will be all right!

I stayed there in a pinch. Won't stay again, that's for sure. Would prefer my wall tent, even as cold as it was.

I'll be there October 12, and never thought that finding a room would be an issue. I guess I'll prepare to sleep in my truck.

Curse my procrastination.

Fleabag motels are just SOME of the adventure when you go ON YOUR OWN....

You have to find yourself a gov't worker for a hunt partner.We use their ID and get top of the line hotels for no tell motel prices.I need the hotels 1 night each way on the drive out and back;unless I'm antelope hunting.Then I don't see a need to sleep in a tent
Good luck with what you got,but you were smart to book something now.Any bugs will just add some more protein to your diet,lol

I stayed there in a pinch. Won't stay again, that's for sure. Would prefer my wall tent, even as cold as it was.

I don't know if it can be worse then the Tea Pot Inn in Edgerton,WY. We have stayed at some pretty nice places while working out of town.:rolleyes:

Were are hunting around Kaycee this year too, but we went with some place in Buffalo. A little bit more of a drive. I would have loved to camped out in the Big Horns, but taking my dad and he needs a nice bed to sleep in. Oh well, maybe next year.

You have to find yourself a gov't worker for a hunt partner.We use their ID and get top of the line hotels for no tell motel prices.

I sure do take advantage of the Govt discount. Holiday Inns and Hampton Inns average $70 :D

Yep same here stayed in Buffalo last year drove down made a quick hunt as in bought a license and had a nice buck on the ground in less than an hour! LOL Quickest hunt ever, then headed back to MT.

Take a tent and stay at the powder river campground or KCRV they are both owned by the same people I believe. They have electric that you can plug a ceramic heater if needed; they also have descent shower facilities. I stayed there in a camper last year but there were alot of others in tents. We drove past the hotels and from the looks of I would not want to stay there. There is a butcher shop right behind the one.

Take a tent and stay at the powder river campground or KCRV they are both owned by the same people I believe. They have electric that you can plug a ceramic heater if needed; they also have descent shower facilities. I stayed there in a camper last year but there were alot of others in tents. We drove past the hotels and from the looks of I would not want to stay there. There is a butcher shop right behind the one.

any idea on the butcher shop turn around or just a guesss???? tenting in 23 w/ big cot :)

any idea on the butcher shop turn around or just a guesss???? tenting in 23 w/ big cot :)

I gotta toss this one out, I purchased the "king cot" from wally land months ago, its a pain to pack but well worth it, slept in it easter for three nights,,,, 3 1/2 by 7 foot rated to 350lbs,, looking forwrd to sleeping in it again! $99 at wallys, $179 at gander,, drawback is its only 10 off ground, my only issue with it :) tent is 8x10,,,

The longest night I ever spent in my life was in Kemmer Wy (I think winter 69 or 70). Roads closed and I was on my way back to NC where I was stationed. Closed the roads and made it to Kemmer. Grabbed the last room in town, couple of flights up, shared bath and shower down the hall. Next morning made it down the street to local grocery, bought OJ, donuts and (lucky) a snow shovel. Dug my car out and got out of there. Dropped the snow shovel at my uncle's in Arkie land to shovel road apples out of his barn. Not beating on you WY guys, but it was a loooong night.

I believe there turn around was 2 days and that was around Oct 15; the opening for deer season, some elk units around the area, antelope was still in then, and there was even a moose dropped of there.

We used the butcher in Kaycee, last year. They did a 24 hour turn around for us. We just needed to get the meat home to MI, asap.

I'm resurrecting this from the grave. I see @Big Fin really don't like this place, but I'm already thinking about next year and the two guys that will be coming back there with me have already expressed that they don't want to have to pack the truck with camping equipment. Is this place really that bad? It has a bunch of good reviews online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back