Kalispell?

William Christy

I'm headed there for the state track meet and I've never been there. Any local pointers on good places to eat, drink, or must sees right around town. ie. pizza, burger, steak, brewery, etc..

My brother is a beer snob and lives up there. He says the best brewery/tasting room is SunRift, and stay away from Bias Brewing. Second Mooses for cheap beer and Pizza.

Agreed with the beer recommendations...Bias is horrible. The Distillery (I forget the name) had some good but expensive drinks. We ate at The DeSoto Grill last time we were in town and it was pretty good

Mod Pizza is good, but no beer or sawdust on the floor.
Hu Hut if you like Mongolian BBQ

Last edited:
Breakfast is pretty good at Buffalo Café in Whitefish.
Lunch good at Bulldogs (Or Mudman... for drive thru) Whitefish
Brass Tap Kalispell - has lunch and good varied brews on tap
Dinner...
Chinese type, (No tariffs on your menu) China Wall is good in Whitefish
Steak at Remington's in Kalispell
Italian Scottie Belli's downtown Kalispell

Mudman has a sit-down restaurant in Kalispell. Good burger. Fair price.
If you've never been to Moose's, though, for Pete's sake. Go there. Grew my first beard so I could drink there underage 30+ years ago. Beard's gone but I'm still at it. Also that's where Evel Knevel thought of the idea of jumping a canyon, so there's that. Concur with all above.

Reactions: JEL
I live in Kalispell and agree with Sunrift for best beer and Moose’s for pizza and the experience. If you like Sushi, Blue Samurai in downtown Kalispell is very good. Although to be honest, I was to go anywhere for dinner, I’d drive to either Bigfork or Lakeside. Bigfork has Flathead brewery and Lakeside has Tamarack. Both have great food and beer. Tamarack may have a very slight edge food wise, but Flathead brewery has fantastic views of the lake. Can’t go wrong with either one.

If you like Vietnamese food, Pho Ly in Evergreen is probably the best restaurant in the valley. Large portions and great food. Moose's is pretty good for beer and pizza, bring cash though!

Back