PEAX Equipment

Kalispell?

I live in Kalispell and agree with Sunrift for best beer and Moose’s for pizza and the experience. If you like Sushi, Blue Samurai in downtown Kalispell is very good. Although to be honest, I was to go anywhere for dinner, I’d drive to either Bigfork or Lakeside. Bigfork has Flathead brewery and Lakeside has Tamarack. Both have great food and beer. Tamarack may have a very slight edge food wise, but Flathead brewery has fantastic views of the lake. Can’t go wrong with either one.

Blue samurai is so damn good! Love that place.

I followed advice of “trip advisor” for breakfast yesterday “Sykes diner” - coulda skipped that. Hunttalk folks are far superior to trip advisor!

FYI for others not privy to the joke, Mooses had a small brass horn behind the bar which patrons would challenge a newbie to blow as it was described as difficult to toot. The horn configuration included several curves and bends, with the flared end culminating in a direction aimed back at the "musician". Unbeknownst to the newbie attempting to show off strong pipes, the horn was filled with flour and a successful strong lunged troubadour would be covered with flour directed at the face ... a face typically turning red under the cloud, accompanied by laughter from the fellow patrons. The positive aspect for the newbie was that typically they were treated to free beverages for the rest of the visit.:D

Mudman has a sit-down restaurant in Kalispell. Good burger. Fair price.
If you've never been to Moose's, though, for Pete's sake. Go there. Grew my first beard so I could drink there underage 30+ years ago. Beard's gone but I'm still at it. Also that's where Evel Knevel thought of the idea of jumping a canyon, so there's that. Concur with all above.

Moose's is legend. Grew up east of the front but spent a lot of weekends in the Flathead Valley in the 80's. Moose's was always a hot spot. Still have to go there anytime I am up that way. The valley was pretty dang good in those days.

I followed advice of “trip advisor” for breakfast yesterday “Sykes diner” - coulda skipped that. Hunttalk folks are far superior to trip advisor!
Sykes turned into a trendy place with the new owner.

You guys back already? Thought I saw someone looking like Tyler possibly heading out for a hunt this afternoon.

I'm going to disagree with the beer recommendations. I love the logo at sunrift. Really wanted to like their beer. But I thought their beer was okay. Bias was too new to be judged outright because you have to give a new brewery some time to get things dialed in but I thought some of their stuff was solid or could see the potential. This is not from a beer snob(I would never call myself that, I think it's pretentious). Unless somethings changed since last August.

You guys back already? Thought I saw someone looking like Tyler possibly heading out for a hunt this afternoon.
Not Tyler - he’s still on the bus ride home. Was a fun weekend of watching all the kids compete. Kalispell is a nice town. Hit up Biga Pizza in Missoula tonight- another home run.

I’m fat.

I'm reviving this thread as I'll be in the Kalispell area next week for work. Any updated restaurant recommendations or quick hikes in the area?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back