Just Jigging My Life Away...(Pic Heavy)

Big Sky

I haven't been to this forum for a while, but it's more because I've been busy fishing than anything else. So here are a few highlights from Southern Utah.

Gorgeous tiger trout. While not the biggest I have caught I'm going to say it's the prettiest.
June9.jpg

On this same trip as the tiger trout above, I caught my first Colorado Cutthroat. This was caught in Southern Utah, the species is called Colorado Cutthroat. Stunning fish!
June8.jpg

Next up a darn nice 24" rainbow.
June1.jpg

Lest anyone think I can only catch trout on a jig...
June5.jpg

Another feisty one.
June3.jpg

Short and chunky.
June4.jpg

OUTSTANDING!
Gota love a smallmouth on a jig.
We get catfish and pike on jigs too.
I even got a huge Burbot ( Ling) in the midday with a white twister tail jug and a bit of crawler.

Amazing pictures.

If you need somebody to show you how to NOT catch fish, let me know!! Gorgeous tiger

I haven't been to this forum for a while, but it's more because I've been busy fishing than anything else. So here are a few highlights from Southern Utah.

Gorgeous tiger trout. While not the biggest I have caught I'm going to say it's the prettiest.
View attachment 146469

On this same trip as the tiger trout above, I caught my first Colorado Cutthroat. This was caught in Southern Utah, the species is called Colorado Cutthroat. Stunning fish!
View attachment 146470

Next up a darn nice 24" rainbow.
View attachment 146471

Lest anyone think I can only catch trout on a jig...
View attachment 146472

Another feisty one.
View attachment 146473

Short and chunky.
View attachment 146474
Beautiful fish indeed! A jig in the right hands is deadly as you have shown. It seems like a simple presentation but it is a nuanced art form.

Back