Judge Rules S&W Can Be Sued

Younger days around camp fire, I sipped Southern Comfort... heckled enough as a girly drink, I succumbed to the peer pressure and resorted to their manly rot gut liquid Wild Turkey.

Nowadays, minimal on the alcohol intake I would simply continue sipping my southern comfort. Age tends to adjust the smile response towards that funny thing, peer pressure... internal middle finger with a smile as I toast another's opinion with whatever I choose to sip. Heh... wild ride - life tends to be. Hellofa lot longer than 8 seconds. :)

If this passes maybe Big Sugar can be sued for diabetes and obesity and their operations in Florida dismantled. It would save Americans health and the Everglades in one fell swoop.

I’m fine with this really. As long as they start holding alcohol companies liable for a drunk drivers, big Pharma responsible for overdoses and drug reactions, and the whole junk food industry and largely the fast food industry for the obesity pandemic.
They do and that is why the beer ads all say "drink responsibly" and restaurants all have "2,000 calories is recommend daily calorie intake" notices.

They do and that is why the beer ads all say "drink responsibly" and restaurants all have "2,000 calories is recommend daily calorie intake" notices.
I for one am looking forward to the gun companies all including a performa, "don't be an assh*le pretending you are GI Joe with a loaded weapon" disclaimer at the bottom of their ads.

I don't agree with this approach and I think it's a bad idea.

That said, I have some empathy for the folks who keep coming up with this stuff. Most of it comes from a desire to see fewer people shot and the frustration they feel as their attempts to curb the violence are blocked at every turn by their oponents. I dare say we might not see ridiculous suggestions like this if some of the non-ridiculous suggestions could get a little traction.

Same w/ flippin buckets... government requires placards that state a baby may drown in a 5 gallon bucket.

Some crap is simply ridiculous.

If a gun needs a placard that states may cause death... or a commercial makes a person want to kill people,

Wtf is the difference between "Cop Killer" songs and placards on buckets or possible censured commercials?

How about retarded Political Action Fund commercials? A final statement that the political information may be full of shit?

Hah!

Same w/ flippin buckets... government requires placards that state a baby may drown in a 5 gallon bucket.

Some crap is simply ridiculous.

If a gun needs a placard that states may cause death... or a commercial makes a person want to kill people,

Wtf is the difference between "Cop Killer" songs and placards on buckets or possible censured commercials?

How about retarded Political Action Fund commercials? A final statement that the political information may be full of shit?

Hah!
Commerce v. Politics v. Art

So if gun ads say ”Don’t shoot people” they‘re off the hook?
Not quite that simple, but they already do all kinds of product disclaimers - have you read a recent gun manual - lucky to get 3 useful pages of info squeezed in between 15 pages of "don't be stupid" warnings and disclaimers.

In short, I think the plaintiffs lose this case in front of most juries (who knows about any one-off jury), but the gun companies will take note and smart companies will be a little less over the top on some of the Rambo-type of marketing materials - and that doesn't seem like a bad idea frankly.

Last edited:
Oh, well that clears things up and prevents all the things I mentioned. The gun industry just need to start putting a sticker on the box “do not shoot people”. Problem solved.

I believe the warnings are in the owners manuals so they should be covered. The case should be dismissed and the people that filed should be chastised for being morons.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this approach and I think it's a bad idea.

That said, I have some empathy for the folks who keep coming up with this stuff. Most of it comes from a desire to see fewer people shot and the frustration they feel as their attempts to curb the violence are blocked at every turn by their oponents. I dare say we might not see ridiculous suggestions like this if some of the non-ridiculous suggestions could get a little traction.
Please let me know what a non-ridiculous one is.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back