Caribou Gear

Judge questions wyoming case on grizzlies

The lengths and arguments these lawyers go to in order to prevent delisting is such a waste of tax payer money. I don't even understand the population measuring metric. Okay, let's say USFW uses a different estimating model, that estimates more bears in the GYE, the number of bears/acre only goes up. If they want a higher required base population with the new model. Fine. But they are still overpopulated.

Seem funny that Wyoming wasn't ready to defend a new counting method as more accurate (why else would it be adopted), and therefor a non-issue for recalibrating population objectives. In theory, population objectives should have been set based on a minimum number of bears for genetic/population viability over long-term, not a percentage of a previous population estimate that would need to be recalculated based on a change in models. The objective should be a set number in my opinion, that would only be adjusted based on new information regarding long-term population viability, although I haven't studied this enough to know the details of how the population objectives were actually set.

Last edited:
Buy Patagonia clothing and gear and a portion of your well spent money goes directly towards protecting grizzlies from the perils of State management.

As the esteemed, Yvon Chouinard shared, "...the effects of climate change on food sources, in addition to their famously slow reproductive rate, coupled with a trophy hunt, would put the bears on the path to extinction."

Our competitors, who do not take a portion of your money to litigate for these peace loving fur balls do not deserve your patronage.

These socalled rare fuzz balls are appearing in habitats 150 miles from jellystone. If they are so rare why do We have them where there is very limited bear food. Maybe because of the taxi service from USFWS. I urge bear lovers to wear bacon grease bear repellant. Seems to work well for National Park visitors. Three times as effective as bear spray.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back