PEAX Equipment

Joined in August, 2011

LuckyMike

I've been a member of this Hunt Talk Forum for a little over 4-months now and find it to be both entertaining and useful for me. Hunting has been an important part of my life ever since my father took me rabbit hunting when I was 7-years old. As a teenager I opted to spend more time hunting and fishing than I did playing high school sports like football. After graduating from San Diego State with a degree in engineering and working for a year in central California my new wife Judy and I decided we wanted a lifestyle change. We moved to Helena, Montana in 1965 and still live on the out-skirts of town today. Here in Montana hunting became much more than a recreational activity, it became a way of life. All of the members of our family have gotten involved and shared some of our most memorable experiences together even if at times it was only pitching in with cutting and packaging the meat or accompanying Dad on a scouting adventure in the summer. Our son Tyler started hunting with me at a young age. He is now an avid skillfull hunter and a great teacher for his son Dylan, who took his first elk last month.
Since joining this forum I have enjoyed viewing other hunters' pictures and stories. Randy's real time "live" hunting reports are almost as entertaining as his excellent TV episodes. Taking pictures of the harvested animals, the country being hunted, hunting partners and most recently, game on the hoof (taken thru a spotting scope) are all an important part of the hunt for me. This forum gives me a chance to share pictures with other hunters who might be interested in what I have to offer. Most recently, I have successfully written and submitted a couple of hunting articles to "Eastmans' Hunting Journal" for publication. Here is a link to a story printed in the Oct/Nov 2008 issue about hunting and taking the pronghorn shown in my Avitar. https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...rid=BCC5BB9C1E19A99!104&authkey=!umsbH8SRFM4$

Attachments

• oyohf.jpg
    oyohf.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Welcome, nothing better than a family spending time together in the great outdoors!

You got it all. Nice going. We need more hunting stories like the ones you've had for the last 45 years. We're waiting...............

Mike,

Great to see you on here. I met you when I was probably 10 yrs old, and you were mounting (taxidermy) my dad's bighorn ram. You also mounted his goat, if I recall correctly.

I have had the hunting bug for a long time, and now have kids of my own. You have always been known as a great hunter and taxidermist in the circle of hunters from our home town. Your input will be valued here, I am sure of it.

Good to see you on here.

Matt Ulberg

I enjoyed your Eastman's article, thanks for sharing it. You got a link to the other article you have in Eastman's? By the way, that's a beautiful antelope!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back