Joe Picket

There will always be changes from the books

Wife and I watched it, you sort of have to tough out the early episodes, it gets better as it goes

We watched it last year. Certainly got more enjoyable after the first few episodes.

If I learned anything from that show and Longmire its that Wyoming sure has some serious crime problems. ;)

Reactions: JEL
Adaptations from iconic writers/characters can get squirrely...watchable but annoying.

Last edited:
Box's books got a bit too formulaic for me; too much damsel in distress, among other things.

Saw that the new Justified is coming July 18th. Looking forward to that.

Justified was great. can't wait for the new ones - books were stellar too
Longmire was good then the last couple seasons on Netflix were pretty dark. Better than Pickett though
Pickett sorta tries but falls short b/c they try to be too woke/PC. You can't read the books and take Nate's character on the show seriously. The Pickett novels definitely declined after awhile too.

My wife and I are excited for the new series starting next month. I hope it’s as good as the original. I am a little worried it won’t be as good without Boyd.
That's a valid concern, Walter Coggins kills it in everything he does...have you seen any of the Righteous Gemstones?...Baby Billy Freeman for the win.
1686242945442.png

I enjoyed my trips to 10 Sleep on a hunt after reading the Longmire and Joe Pickett novels but replacing Nate Romanowsky with a black actor just killed it for me. I mean please…
It was similar to having the Bosch series with an actor of small stature. He did a good job but while reading the series I always pictured an Andy Sipowicz type character..

I have read all the books. Enjoyed them for the most part but they aren't nearly as good as they were at first. Last few haven't been great. I think the show is poorly cast and acted but I can't stop watching mostly because I read the books. Some of the scenes are laughable.

I have read all the books. Enjoyed them for the most part but they aren't nearly as good as they were at first. Last few haven't been great. I think the show is poorly cast and acted but I can't stop watching mostly because I read the books. Some of the scenes are laughable.
Same..

I've read all the books....and couldn't make it through the first episode.

It was decent entertainment considering most of what’s out there right now. The acting got a little better as they went along but the CGI elk were pretty bad. Someone got a little confused between species.

Is there a season 2 for Pickett yet? Entertaining enough I thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back