Joe Picket

Is there a season 2 for Pickett yet? Entertaining enough I thought.
Season 2 premiered on Paramount + on June 4, according to an article I just found on Deadline.

Hopefully they have a better budget this time around.

Forget which book it was, but looks like this season is set around the one that had those off the grid twins.

It's always funny when producers who don't know Jack try to pass off a manly show. Not to mention the production shortcuts.

Joe drives to a remote mountainside to pound himself in the head and straighten himself out. Pay no attention to the ski lift in the background.
Or the aluminum thing (boat maybe?) in the set up scene where Ote grabs his gun.

In the books Joe chooses a pump shotgun if it's liable to get hairy. In the scene where he rides out to find the custom arrow maker (Nate) in episode 2 he has a Glennfield tube fed .22 rifle? And the mag tube follower is hanging out about to fall out. That's a serious defense weapon there. Still not as bad as the Monk episode where the murder weapon was a "Glock chambered in Ruger 454."

The actor does sit a horse well, if in a posting English kind of way. Still it is a peeve of mine when actors can't ride.

Season 2 is simply awful...have read every installment & these episodes are almost unrecognizeable.
I feel the same way about nearly every adaptation of Shakespeare. Especially when that hack Kurosawa tried to remake King Lear and called it “Ran.” Greatest movie ever made, my butt.

We have been watching these offerings with some differing opinion. I from a hunters view, my wife from a non hunters view. We both have read the Joe Picket novels. We both are of the opinion that his character is poorly portrayed. C J Box must be out of the loop considering portrayal of character. MTG

I feel the same way about nearly every adaptation of Shakespeare. Especially when that hack Kurosawa tried to remake King Lear and called it “Ran.” Greatest movie ever made, my butt.
I like the Branagh's. Maybe because that was my first introduction to the plays. I had read the sonnets. His Henry V is a top ten movie for me.

Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing" is hilarious to me. Nathan Fillian makes a fun Dogberry. Texan Amy Acker leads lot of eye candy on screen. What's not to like?
@noharleyyet should watch just for Acker if nothing else.

I like the Branagh's. Maybe because that was my first introduction to the plays. I had read the sonnets. His Henry V is a top ten movie for me.

Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing" is hilarious to me. Nathan Fillian makes a fun Dogberry. Texan Amy Acker leads lot of eye candy on screen. What's not to like?
@noharleyyet should watch just for Acker if nothing else.
That Playboy produced Macbeth from the 1970's was pretty top notch, if I recall. Was thinking that I should actually watch more Shakespeare adaptations after my prior smart alec comment. Will add your suggestions to the list!

Season 2 premiered on Paramount + on June 4, according to an article I just found on Deadline.

Hopefully they have a better budget this time around.

Forget which book it was, but looks like this season is set around the one that had those off the grid twins.
Blood Trail

Well I've watched it enough to now connect the dots on the whole background for HTM's most famous line...when I saw the episode title I burst out laughing and my wife was very confused. I asked her how she didn't know about HTM - I thought the whole world knew!

Back