Joe Picket

My wife and I have watched 2 episodes so far. So far my initial impression is that it was written by a bunch of 6-9 year old kids.
I had hopes for the show but poor writing and so-so acting doesn't leave me much hope.
It seems like they put in little bits of stuff they've seen on tv shows.
Like the drunken mother-in-law telling her daughter she's too good for the husband. The very unfriendly town sheriff. The crazy "hunting guide" who miraculously kills a daddy bull elk in the spring with no weapon and not giving him the chance to raise his babies. :ROFLMAO:
The former game warden who had an "arrangement" with the local poacher.
The black "survivalist" that gets beat up by the racist deputy after being set up to look like he killed the guide.
I doubt we'll be watching any more.

My wife and I have watched 2 episodes so far. So far my initial impression is that it was written by a bunch of 6-9 year old kids.
I had hopes for the show but poor writing and so-so acting doesn't leave me much hope.
Like the drunken mother-in-law telling her daughter she's too good for the husband. The very unfriendly town sheriff. The crazy "hunting guide" who miraculously kills a daddy bull elk in the spring with no weapon and not giving him the chance to raise his babies. :ROFLMAO:
The black "survivalist" that gets beat up by the racist deputy after being set up to look like he killed the guide.
That all sounds like a normal Joe Picket story

Started it last night. So-So at best. I've read a few of the books on long flights and they are good for that. Certainly not intellectually stimulating. The first 2 episodes seem to be following the book for the most part. I was disappointed in the sloppy filming - horribly CGI'd elk in the pen, the dead elk 'in velvet' that wasn't for example. Then the over the top stereotypes noted above are a bit much. I may give it a couple more episodes to see if it gets better.

It follows the book pretty well so far, but like others have said it leaves a lot to be desired. They could’ve followed the momentum off of Yellowstone and 1883 and spent a little more money.

The first few episodes were sort of cheesy. I watched all 10 episodes on Spectrum and it does get better. I had never read any of the books, but I enjoyed it by the end of Season 1.

I watched the first 2 episodes and my thoughts mirror yours but I think we will stick to it a little longer,>

Ahh, Wife and I were thinking of starting it tonight. Bummer to hear it is a bit lackluster.

Longmire changed up the homely, masculine female deputy in the books to be suitable for a centerfold. There was no need for that change and I watched every episode carefully to see if would correct the error with a re-casting. The author of the books reacted the way the author of Jack Reacher when asked if significant divergences from the books (Reacher is terrible driver so doesn't drive, he is well over 6' tall and broad shoulders with scars...the anti-Tom Cruise) was troubling, "Sorry, I can't really hear you due to the noise of the currency counter processing all the money I am being paid by the show producers."

My wife and I have watched 6 episodes so far….. The first 2 were not quality writing and production….. But wait, it does get progressively better once you get past the beginning of the series….. I have read all the books in the series and it follows the themes fairly closely….. Worth watching……..

There is an awful lot I dislike about the show including the portrayal of law enforcement and poaching. With that said it is not a documentary. Similar to Yellowstone, if you remove yourself from reality, it may be entertaining.

I read the first three novels, but I got sick of everyone thinking Joe was a loser. I would have figured after the events of the first couple of novels people would start taking Joe seriously. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much on the TV show.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back