Jeremiah Johnson!

Revharvey9576

It's been years...but finally got to watch Jeremiah Johnson again.

It was on the Outdoor Channel. I sure do miss real movies such as these.

I have it recorded at home. One of my all time favorites. I just rescently read its loosly based on the life of "liver eater" Johnson. Ate the liver if the indians he killed as a sign of disrespect. I don't know how much of it is true but I read it on the internet. Isn't everything on the internet true?

One of my favorites also.
Favorite quote! And I've used the first line when asking someone if they're sure about something (before seeing first hand if they are), and they have no idea what I'm talking about! I thought everyone has seen this classic! :(

"Are you sure you can skin a griz?" "As fast as you can catch 'em" "skin that one, and I'll get you another ":D

I have my stash of VCR's(see thread on being old).I think I have watched J.J. about 30 times.

"Jeremiah,you might better go down to a town." then a pause,
" I've been to a town"

I love the part towards the end where he is asked about the troubles he had and was it worth it...he responds "eh, what trouble?"

"I told my pap and mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man. Acted like they was gut shot. Says Son, make your life go here, here's where the peoples is. Those mountains are for animals and savages. I says, Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God I was right"---Del Gue

Last edited:
My first date with my wife I took her shooting. The second we watched Boondock Saints and she loved it. The third date we watched Jeremiah Johnson and we watched it again that night after dinner, which was elk steaks and she loved them. After that I knew she was a keeper.

Last Saturday I took my wife to the Buffalo Bill Cody museum located in Cody Wyoming. They have a Sam Hawkin rifle there that was owned by John Johnston aka Jeremiah Johnson (liver eating Johnson) I believe it was a 53 caliber. If you have a chance go there and plan on spending several days there to see it all. Even then you will need to go back and see the rest. It is a fantastic display of our history of the old west. If only that rifle could talk.

You can quote it all you want, but until you nickname your wife "Swan".................. and it sticks, it is all amateur hour;):D

"I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs..."

"You've come far, pilgrim." "Feels like far."

"March is a muddy month down below. Some people like it. Farmers mostly."

You can still get it on DVD for about $7.

They are playing old Westerns at the Ellen this summer... Fistful of dollars, Good Bad Ugly, Cowboys...

They are playing old Westerns at the Ellen this summer... Fistful of dollars, Good Bad Ugly, Cowboys...

I grew up three blocks from there. As kids, we would pick up pop bottles and sell them for 5 cents each until we had enough cash to buy one ticket(75 cents). One of us would go in, wait until the lights went low at the start of the movie, then go to the exit and let the rest of us in.....looking back, at the time, we thought we were pretty smart and crafty. Years later the manager told me he knew what we were up to. He figured we were less likely to get into trouble in there, as opposed to running around town as the wild bunch.

Those three Westerns you mention above, the Ellen is where I saw them for the first time......

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back