Yeti GOBOX Collection

I've read that you can insult a guy's gun,

TomTeriffic

you can insult his hunting outfit; you can insult his vehicle but don't ever insult his dog. His DAWG! He might hold his dog even higher than his wife and young ones.

Does this ring true with any hunting dog owners here?

Oh, I think we should have a separate forum for bird dogs/retrievers.

PS - My 1908-born grandfather once told me that way back in the day, some hunters would summarily shoot their dogs that misbehaved in the field. This might be a canine capital offense like some lunkhead hound's trailing a deer instead of a lion.

Last edited:
I had a guy run his squirrel dogs on our property as I was coming to full draw on the buck I had been after all season. Deer ran off and I was more than upset. I let him know that I wasn’t pleased and he just shrugged his shoulders. When I told him his dogs were running deer, he lost his mind like I had just called his kid stupid.

you can insult his hunting outfit; you can insult his vehicle but don't ever insult his dog. His DAWG! He might hold his dog even higher than his wife and young ones.

PS - My 1908-born grandfather once told me that way back in the day, some hunters would summarily shoot their dogs that misbehaved in the field. This might be a canine capital offense like some lunkhead hound's trailing a deer instead of a lion.
What is your favorite sandwich meat?

Wasn’t there a guy in here that shot his dog for eating it’s bowl heater?

My current retriever is awesome, also a bit of a asshole for the breed. He don’t get his feelers hurt when people tell him so.

What’s your thoughts on cats? Cat threads go better on here.

Last edited:
Retrievers and upland dogs are family to most of us lucky enough to have them. I've never owned hunting hounds, so don't know if that's different. To answer the question, yes you don't insult family.

I agree w the separate forum. To me hounds are hounds. Bird Dogs n such ain’t hounds.
Some guys are sensitive. If the guy has a good dog the only thing that’ll bother him is you beating him.

I told the park police to taze my dog if she got in their way.

I mostly wanted to see if he'd do it, and how the dog would take it.

She was being a pita, and #5 on the collar wasn't working, so - time to level that shit up.
I refuse to believe such lies about the groot... maybe she was just pissed you took her to a shitty hunting spot.

You can judge my choice of gun, my choice of clothing, or even my choice of bourbon...but leave Murphy out of it!

I refuse to believe such lies about the groot... maybe she was just pissed you took her to a shitty hunting spot.

It was far worse than that. I was walking dogs off leash (leashes literally in hand) on an unmaintained road with zero traffic in the Nat'l Lakeshore, like thousands have done before and after me.

It was far worse than that. I was walking dogs off leash (leashes literally in hand) on an unmaintained road with zero traffic in the Nat'l Lakeshore, like thousands have done before and after me.
I'm surprised you weren't shot on sight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back