Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

itty bitty fawn!

OregonTK

I was up checking trailcams Monday morning and saw a doe with the smallest fawn I've ever seen...maybe all of a day old, more likely hours old. He/she kind of got high centered in some sticks while crossing the ditch, but mom was waiting patiently for her baby.

Lots of pregnant whitetail does in town. Expect to see fawns any day and then the driving will be treacherous the rest of the summer until the little buggers figure out that cars are bad. Great pictures!

cool when you get pics of them small and spotted. guessing that one is a few days old. looks steady on it's feet. day olds are wobbly at best. funny to watch since you know what they grow up into. and the grace they have when moving at full speed.

Those are great looking photos. Last night I saw a mule deer doe giving birth in one of my grass fields, so I shut the pivot off to keep them both dry, seeing your pics reminded that I need to go turn that pivot back on - I forget everything these days.:eek:

Last edited:
great pics man. hope it doesnt turn into coyote food. way too many go that way up in ne wa

Cool pictures Ron!

I was headed into an elk spot to set a trail cam last week and was surprised to look down and see this brand new Roosevelt calf curled up waiting for momma.

It could barely lift it's head so it was a really new model and it was COLD and raining. Felt sorry for it but decided against wrapping it up in my coat and bringing it home to warm up. Maybe in about 6 years. ;)

thats awesome joe! wouldnt bring it home but id certainly have to pick it up and hold it, just for the experience of holding a live elk. if you left it alone you have more self control than i

Sensational pics, he/she sure is a youngn.

fishingforsanity, would love to see that.

Joe, great capture as well.

Thanks guys! I saw three nice bucks that morning also, but they wouldn't hang around for photos. Seeing this little baby really made my day though!

Very cool Joe! A year ago I looked out early one morning and had two elk calves chasing each other in my front yard while their mom's fed in the back yard. Love seeing the babies!

Here's another

I was headed to Cody, WY from Meeteetse today. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a bear about 500 yards off the highway. Turned the car around and pulled the binos up and this is what was really there. She had the "don't tell any wolves I'm here" look on her face. She was a big ol healthy cow.
It's a crappy cell phone pic through the spotter but you get the idea.

Attachments

• elk with calf.jpg
    elk with calf.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 191
  • elk with calf1.jpg
    elk with calf1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 185

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude