Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I know that spot well. It is an abandoned railway. The powrrline is parallel. The non-access from BMA to State is a Meagher County specialty. Townsend Ranch does the same shitInteresting - thats a powerline not a RR.
Ive got no idea, and only questions, why an easement through the state property (retains state ownership) wasnt done in lieu of it getting into private hands with the sole purpose of restricting access.
I know of anotherThat’s insane. Would love to start a thread to see how many of these public lands blocks there are…must be tons.
I feel like county roads avoid BLM in NE Wyoming like the plague.That’s insane. Would love to start a thread to see how many of these public lands blocks there are…must be tons.
A lot of people put state land in block to control the access of it. I should have said I know of several in the previous post.
Probably multiple reasons. Not to piss the neighborhood off. These ranchers live out there and have to deal with neighbors just like we do. Also we use to have a great price of block here in 5 that’s since sold it had the same rules the elk would leave their property and bed on the state. I get why you would do that to keep the elk around I personally don’t hunt elk in their bedroom I’ll wait and kill them in transition that afternoon most people don’t have that mentality. So by keeping people out of their bedroom you could actually kill more elk because they have some safety to retreat to.I can't for the life of me figure out why they are allowed to do that. I used to live close to a piece that was accessible from the highway that would get enrolled in block management every year.
Probably multiple reasons. Not to piss the neighborhood off. These ranchers live out there and have to deal with neighbors just like we do. Also we use to have a great price of block here in 5 that’s since sold it had the same rules the elk would leave their property and bed on the state. I get why you would do that to keep the elk around I personally don’t hunt elk in their bedroom I’ll wait and kill them in transition that afternoon most people don’t have that mentality. So by keeping people out of their bedroom you could actually kill more elk because they have some safety to retreat to.
As far as some of those other easements time use to be a lot different some of this stuff happened when the free world was being built. I asked a friend about it once and how their family had a bunch of slivers of private down thru a draw he said it was all done so they could move cattle from their ranch down to low ground. When a lot of that was happening those people could have cared less about recreation they just wanted to survive.
Well I mean he could just pull block management then you don’t have shit?The piece I'm talking about is accessible from a public road. You don't access it private property. A landowner gets to control access to an easily accessible piece of state through block management. That's wrong in my eyes
You'd have access to the state land that he would no longer have enrolled in Block Management.Well I mean he could just pull block management then you don’t have shit?
Think one of has some wires crossed I was under the assumption the state was only accessible from the bma. If it has a public access point such as a road that landowner can pound sandYou'd have access to the state land that he would no longer have enrolled in Block Management.
At least you could fly in to blm. You cant even fly into state or WMA.
Can state land be enrolled in BMA?? That's a load of crap.So if I understand it correctly, a publicly accessible parcel of state ground, that I can access any other time, becomes inaccessible unless I have permission during hunting season because a landowner can formally enroll that parcel into their BMA.
Is that correct?