Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

It's best to check out an Outfitter's reputation before you book a hunt.

Younger years, while playing a lodge "wrangler" in Teton Nat'l Park, the farriers arrived with a vertical, hydraulic table. Granted, we had some 25 leased horses that knew how to sniff the leading horses arse along the trail.

They'd walk the horse along side the vertical table, strap it, and hoist the horse horizontally and go to town. Fast, grinding wheels, etc. Right, wrong? To each his/her own.

Who the hell shoes a horse with a pack saddle on it?

I guess he's never heard of a shoeing table either I suppose.
I was questioning that too. But I've never seen a horse laid on its side for shoeing so I tried not to judge. If he had it secured down a little better it probably wouldn't have been flailing so dang much. dude had it by the face and two legs? just asking to get kicked

Idiots aren't just found in cities, seen it.
Didn’t say that. It’s just a shock to peoples systems that aren’t used to things.

I think NYC smells like sewage and a landfill. People who live there don’t.

Didn’t say that. It’s just a shock to peoples systems that aren’t used to things.

I think NYC smells like sewage and a landfill. People who live there don’t.
I'd say that if you believe that d-bag was trying to shoe that horse, you aren't used to being around stock.

Should probably stick to comments on issues you're familiar with.

I'd say that if you believe that d-bag was trying to shoe that horse, you aren't used to being around stock.

Should probably stick to comments on issues you're familiar with.
I’ve been around more stock than you. Never shoed horses. Said it in my first post. You just can’t read for comprehension when you’re on a self proclaimed “expert” crusade.

I’ve been around more stock than you. Never shoed horses. Said it in my first post. You just can’t read for comprehension when you’re on a self proclaimed “expert” crusade.
Stick to sniffing sewage and land fills, you seem to know more about that than shoeing horses and mules.

People who ask some of these questions have clearly never seen an animal get out of hand.

I have a farmer friends who was milking cows and the cow got kicked at him and got its foot threaded through his hoodie hand pouch. In 2 seconds it kicked 2 more times. Fractured my friends skull, broke 2 arms, and 1 leg, 2/3rds of his ribs and punctured his lung as well. That was 1 leg of a cow kicking..... He almost died, and all he was trying to do was put the milker on her...Bottom line, is that horses and cows are SUPER powerful animals.

When an animal the size of a horse or a cow freaks out, things become life and death, for everyone involved, quickly. They will kill you.

The safest thing you can do it get them off their feet and keep them off their feet for certain tasks.
I rode a horse for several hours for four consecutive days on a mountain hunt and was obvious we had become buddies. Then, just as the sun set while sparks were becoming visible dancing off the steel horseshoes stepping on rocks in the trail, the pack horse in front of me stepped on a stick which spring upwards and presumable reminded my horse of a rattlesnake that owed it money. A sound came out of my horse that I have never heard a horse make followed by bucking and stomping and spinning. Zero to sixty in less than a second and was about a minute more of fun than needed after a long day on the mountain. Stayed on the horse but dislocated and broke one finger in the process. Not a compound break. I quickly got the finger sort of into its previous position while the nerve endings were still numb, taped the finger to an adjacent one and finished the hunt. I guess we weren't buddies.

They smell it, they just blame New Jersey.
NJ sends trash to a landfill in my hometown by rail car. So, no idea how NJ can smell as our massive, rural landfill in the Midwest smells like boo hoo. I now live on the West Coast and Hawaii ships its trash to an Oregon landfill. Big business in burying toxic stuff in other states.

What was he trying to do?
Perhaps was teaching a class on how to achieve acceptable behavior while wearing a saddle. If you have ever seen an elephant being trained there may be some similar equine doctrine which may or may not be an effective approach. My school classmate Billy had cigarette burns you could see as we changed for P.E. and the occasional belt mark where the business end of the belt was used. Not sure what Billy did to trigger or deserve the training refreshers. Billy was a bully in life even as a kindergartener as a mini me version of how he had been bullied at home. You did not have to whoop Billy's rear but you had to punch him a time or two then you go his version of respect. Having a saddled horse "shoed" and then die soon after is an expensive outcome and presumably unexpected. If was not unexpected, Lord have mercy on his soul.

NJ sends trash to a landfill in my hometown by rail car. So, no idea how NJ can smell as our massive, rural landfill in the Midwest smells like boo hoo. I now live on the West Coast and Hawaii ships its trash to an Oregon landfill. Big business in burying toxic stuff in other states.

Brain blast: Get phony residence in state you don't care about, start business that stores other states's junk in said state. Buy the junk that's been sent to your hometown, and move it to the junk state. Then sell that junk to some 3rd world country. Bada bing, bada boom, you got yourself a solved(ish) problem. Might I suggest New Jersey or Delaware?

Perhaps was teaching a class on how to achieve acceptable behavior while wearing a saddle. If you have ever seen an elephant being trained there may be some similar equine doctrine which may or may not be an effective approach. My school classmate Billy had cigarette burns you could see as we changed for P.E. and the occasional belt mark where the business end of the belt was used. Not sure what Billy did to trigger or deserve the training refreshers. Billy was a bully in life even as a kindergartener as a mini me version of how he had been bullied at home. You did not have to whoop Billy's rear but you had to punch him a time or two then you go his version of respect. Having a saddled horse "shoed" and then die soon after is an expensive outcome and presumably unexpected. If was not unexpected, Lord have mercy on his soul.
Horse people are #@)(*%* up

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back