It's best to check out an Outfitter's reputation before you book a hunt.

Ok, a few things. One, there would be no reason to shoe a horse with any kind of saddle on. Two, no one has ever “shoed” horses; they’ve “shod” horses (you’d think the experts in the thread would know that). Third, some horses are pricks that need to be tied down to do anything with their feet. Fourth, based on the other allegations against this guy, I’d say he’s a dumbass.

Also, the polo girl probably doesn’t know shit about horses…

Ok, a few things. One, there would be no reason to shoe a horse with any kind of saddle on. Two, no one has ever “shoed” horses; they’ve “shod” horses (you’d think the experts in the thread would know that). Third, some horses are pricks that need to be tied down to do anything with their feet. Fourth, based on the other allegations against this guy, I’d say he’s a dumbass.

Also, the polo girl probably doesn’t know shit about horses…

Truth!

so if a horse will just stand there and let the farrier trim its hooves does that mean it’s a good horse?
Is shoding a much different process?

We got horses when I was like 15, I went to 2 hour long lessons and thought I was ready to saddle up the hafflinger and ride him down ditch’s next to the road around our house.
Cowboy like you’ve never seen.
We’re so lucky that the worst thing that ever happened was my sister breaking her arm.

People who ask some of these questions have clearly never seen an animal get out of hand.

I have a farmer friends who was milking cows and the cow got kicked at him and got its foot threaded through his hoodie hand pouch. In 2 seconds it kicked 2 more times. Fractured my friends skull, broke 2 arms, and 1 leg, 2/3rds of his ribs and punctured his lung as well. That was 1 leg of a cow kicking..... He almost died, and all he was trying to do was put the milker on her...Bottom line, is that horses and cows are SUPER powerful animals.

When an animal the size of a horse or a cow freaks out, things become life and death, for everyone involved, quickly. They will kill you.

The safest thing you can do it get them off their feet and keep them off their feet for certain tasks.
My neighbor was killed by an ornery cow. She got him against the wall in the barn and it was all over. We had livestock and horses. I worked on a large dairy farm in high school. I know what these animals can do. Some of the "expert" opinions and experience crack me up though. mtmuley

Half the people I know now are crippled in some way from livestock.
I worked a horse ranch for 5 years and hot walked the ponies @ Santa Anita as a kid. Been around cattle my whole life.

I have neither now and stay away from most if possible. Large and dumb is what I think.

Woke polo girl needs to get a life.

My wife is an anesthesiologist at an equine clinic. She’s tried bringing home a half functional horse/donkey about once a month for the last 9 years. I’m fairly easy going but I do not allow any more high maintenance horses around this place….we already have one that is missing it’s tongue and is two colic surgeries deep. 🙄

Speaking of which…I have a wonderful project horse if anyone needs one!

Did I already tell you guys about my buddy aaron getting kicked in the face by a horse the night before his wedding?
Powdered the bone structure in his face.

I was Turkey hunting which is strike two and three but boredom had me down. On one side of the fence there was 150 cows on the other 2 of my brother in-laws horses. I grew up on a ranch and rode them when I had to. We didn’t have many but a couple. I had just bought a brand new F-150 pickup after driving old beaters my whole life. Go try to call a Turkey in and when we get back to the pickup my brother says wtf happened to your pickup. Grass and teeth marks all over the hood. To make things worse my dad pulls up and sees it and says yeah you dumb sh$t horses will do that. I don’t care for horses. 0565A520-5C27-4C33-BE63-D0A23C7DA231.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back