Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

It's best to check out an Outfitter's reputation before you book a hunt.

My wife is an anesthesiologist at an equine clinic. She’s tried bringing home a half functional horse/donkey about once a month for the last 9 years. I’m fairly easy going but I do not allow any more high maintenance horses around this place….we already have one that is missing it’s tongue and is two colic surgeries deep. 🙄

Speaking of which…I have a wonderful project horse if anyone needs one!
You are a better man than me, My wife had a high maintenance horse once. One was enough for me.

I was Turkey hunting which is strike two and three but boredom had me down. On one side of the fence there was 150 cows on the other 2 of my brother in-laws horses. I grew up on a ranch and rode them when I had to. We didn’t have many but a couple. I had just bought a brand new F-150 pickup after driving old beaters my whole life. Go try to call a Turkey in and when we get back to the pickup my brother says wtf happened to your pickup. Grass and teeth marks all over the hood. To make things worse my dad pulls up and sees it and says yeah you dumb sh$t horses will do that. I don’t care for horses. View attachment 233553
Early on in my career, I had an absolutely insane lady customer who was way off her rocker. She had 5 acres out in BFE with only a perimeter fence and a small crappy house roughly in the center. You had to open the gate at the road, shut it behind you, and drive up to the house. While I worked on one trip she regaled me with her tales of running the CIA and the alien work she did at Area 51 for the NSA. Her horses had chewed that house to pieces, and crushed the door knobs into little raisin looking blobs. I go back out to my truck, and they'd ripped off my brand new spare tire cover, and were eyeing my mirrors, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I didn't answer when she called anymore after that.

I feel like our horses were like Timothy Treaswells grizzlies in the sense that they probably thought there was something wrong with me and my family and that’s why they chose not to annihilate us.

I feel like our horses were like Timothy Treaswells grizzlies in the sense that they probably thought there was something wrong with me and my family and that’s why they chose not to annihilate us.
I have a close friend who is a veteran horseman. He had a thumb ripped off by the lariat when a horse took off. Took about 2' of attached tendon with it.
Enough for me.

Tacos de lengua?
Ha! Negative! It was kind of a freak accident. Long story short the horse bucked my wife off trying to cross a creek and somehow pulled the bit to one side and somehow it cut her tongue off. My wife found the tongue and tried to reattach it but no luck. It really hasn’t had any effect on the horse but we do have to buy loose salt For her. She’s so intelligent that she takes a huge bite of salt everytime and spend 10 minutes coughing.

ive had horses for many years,,but ive never seen one tied down like that for shoeing??seems very excessive to me i m o,,the horse was totally "sweated out" showing extreme stress.its hard to fully judge,but that guy wont ever touch my horses..does not look like hes shoeing,,but rather working the horse to total submission.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back