It ain't easy being a wolf

Ben - that was just a play on how little some understand what really happens in nature. I realize that wolves are only a small and localized part of the reduction of our elk and moose populations. I actually like that we have wolves in Montana and had a great time trying to kill one last winter.

Ben - that was just a play on how little some understand what really happens in nature. I realize that wolves are only a small and localized part of the reduction of our elk and moose populations. I actually like that we have wolves in Montana and had a great time trying to kill one last winter.

That's what I get for watching team jumping instead of focusing on fishing. :D

Some probably think this thread should be titled 'A Good Start', like the old lawyer joke.

All I can say is that it's a pretty amazing photo set. Nature continues to humble me at every turn.

I say we send this to Randy's new buddy and let him wear the sackcloth and ashes for 822. :D

Life is rough, it's even rougher when you wear fur 24/7.

That is a cool sequence.

Since wolves only kill for food, at least according to the internet, I gotta ask - "Did they eat it?"

Surely they did.

I sure hope they did. Predators eat what they harvest . Right:hump:

I know when my quarry goes down, it's headed to the freezer or dinner table.:):):):)

Funny thing as to wolves and public perception. I was working out at the gym and afterwords enjoying the hot tub. A young man with a deer tattoo came in and we started talking about hunting. They guy next to me says the DNR and media are blowing this wolf problem way out of proportion. There is not anywhere near as many wolves in this state as they say there are. I said go on, where did you get your data? He said, and I quote, " when cows have calves they give off an odor that wolves key in on. They come in and eat the calves. Cattle numbers are down as not as many people eat red meat anymore so the wolves dont have anything to eat so they are leaving and their numbers are down." I then answered that I would like to see some hard data that shows that wolves only eat young cattle and that there are actually less people eating red meat. He looked at me weird and left.

Funny thing as to wolves and public perception. I was working out at the gym and afterwords enjoying the hot tub. A young man with a deer tattoo came in and we started talking about hunting. They guy next to me says the DNR and media are blowing this wolf problem way out of proportion. There is not anywhere near as many wolves in this state as they say there are. I said go on, where did you get your data? He said, and I quote, " when cows have calves they give off an odor that wolves key in on. They come in and eat the calves. Cattle numbers are down as not as many people eat red meat anymore so the wolves dont have anything to eat so they are leaving and their numbers are down." I then answered that I would like to see some hard data that shows that wolves only eat young cattle and that there are actually less people eating red meat. He looked at me weird and left.

Now thats scientific reasoning:confused:

Was it this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfboOt1bJcA

The Lamar pack apperently left while 822 was still alive, and you should read a few of those comments on facebook! People actually think the wolves still need to be protected outside of the park! I say it's open season until they are at more suitable numbers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back