MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

IT 37 are you there?

Idaho Ron

I was wondering what you are seeing with bird numbers so far. Our Quail are doing a second hatch right now and we have good numbers of them. I haven't been out to look at chukar have you? Ron

Ron, As of 7/29/05 in the last week I've seen newly hatched quail hardly bigger than bumblebees and others that are almost full grown. I've been seeing good sized broods of chukars and quail since mid June. I know we're in good shape on quail, not so sure about chukars, but all indications are good. I'm never sure about the chukars until my friends hunting reports are in after the first few weeks of the season.

I was told by the F&G that our peak hatch should be June 10th. Most of the wet weather was past us then if I remember right we had only one shower for about a three week period. I just have not had the time to go check out any chukar populations. Let me know if you hear anything. Ron

I've heard from a few northern Nevada friends that the hatch looks good. Reports of the 2nd clutch just came out. I'm gonna miss those chukars.

With time, group therapy and some hardcore ringneck and sharpy hunting the dog and I will get over it.

Ron,

Employment has moved me and mine to Rapid City, South Dakota.

Bummer that I never got to give the snow @#)(# a try.

Well that stinks for your chukar dog! Bonnie is going to quit hunting if you don't give her wild chukars once and a while.
BTW, A friend of mine saw a covey of chukar this weekend. Three adults he said and 14 babies! I didn't hear how big they were. That sounds pretty good at least for the area he was in. Ron

Rafters on most Idaho rivers are reporting many more chukars than usual this year. I'm getting pretty optimistic from the reports I'm hearing. Some guys are claiming it's going to be a great year for chukars.

The hatch across the border from Oakley is way up this year for both chukar and sage grouse.

I am hearing a lot more reports on good hatch numbers for Chukar. I have went blue grouse scouting a couple of times. I am thinking they didn't do so well. Any Idea on Sharptail? Ron

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back