Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Is the price of gas hindering your out-of-state or in-state hunt plans?

Are high gas prices forcing you to eliminate your hunting plans>

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cornbread

Here in New Smyrna Beach gas hit $4.75 for ethyl. Non-ethannol at the marinas is around $5.50-5.75. Just curious.

Guess I should not complain. Gas just got to $5 a gal here! But really slowed me down. Wanted to go to Yakima this weekend to see a litter of pups by my Stormy but afraid gas will stop me. 320 mi round trip at 20mpg. That's $80 and I live on a social security check. Might say the heck with it and go anyway. Went when they were 4 1/2 weeks and loved it! $5 doesn't seem to bad I guess. last trip up there I saw gas in Washington over $6 a gal.

4 1/2 weeks

My brother and I are taking a thousand mile each way road trip to see our other brother and sister next week. If the price of gas doesn't stop that trip, it won't stop our elk hunting either.

Where it might alter things a bit is how far I travel to bird hunt.

I have hunted bears way less this spring waiting for the perfect day instead of just spending time in the stand

I had to cut out all of my summer plans (scoutting, crawfish boil, fishing trip, etc) to save all that gas money to hunt this fall. I have also consolidated my hunting plans to two adjacent units and im going to try and lump my hunting time into one long trip rather than three or four shorter ones.

Won't change my plans this year. Hoping it will help my odds of drawing an antelope tag that isn't going to be a guarantee.

I’m looking at restructuring my days off schedule for the fall and winter. I can flex my days off so I’m 8 on and 4 off. I’ll probably do that and hunt chukars three days straight instead of two days a week. I’ll tent camp early and then pull my trailer when it gets cold and shitty.

I didn't apply at all this year unfortunately, with gas prices the way they are I just simply can't afford to travel that far out west from the east. Plus second child being born in mid September doubt I could convince the wife it's a good idea to miss the birth to chase antelope or elk lol

Ken Jr, a longtime hunt bud, and myself will eat the fuel double. Probably do an all night'r driving the 744mi to 'in country'....depends on the late October 2nd rifle elk weather in Central CO. Less than 5 months to go...hope for some ease in price & supply issues.

Looks like I will be going to CO and WY for deer and elk this year. If gas was lower I may have tried to get a scouting trip in but I will not at current prices. We are fortunate to have very minimal commuting costs so do not need to cut back on our local trips. Most of the "local" hunting, fishing, hiking and camping does end being 100-200 miles round trip for 2-3 day weekend trips. Will take the CRV more often for fishing day trips if I will be on tamer roads.

Back