MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Is it to early for the Friday music thread?

Here ya go April, call your shot, circle the bases
I remember as a young man (elementary school), I heard this song on the radio and asked for the cassette for my birthday...I didn't know the artist or album name. My well meaning mother bought me a tape by Kool and the Gang....

Zach: thank you for the explanation and the song.

Well, in that case, let's 'easy' into the weekend.

We may lose and we may win
but we will never be here again
so open up I'm climbing in

Tradewind : If you will indulge me for just a moment :)

Picture a Ferrari 308 GTS ( targo topped ) Quattrovalvole with the top off and your setting beside a woman wearing sun glasses with a pony tail driving through the desert on the way to Las Vegas at speeds of 125 to 150 miles per hour and the song you posted is playing :love:

Did my husband ever drive ? your joking, right ? :)

My apologies to the membership, especially to those who are posting on this thread for this distraction, but I wanted Tradewind to "see" what I "see" when I hear that tune.

Picture it:

It's a warm Texas night, circa 1978. @noharleyyet is driving down the street, top down in his 73 Cutlass Convertible, long locks flowing in the breeze, with this playing on the 8-track. His best gal at his side, and he's singing

You missed the corvette and the top down syntax....song still fits tho

You missed the corvette and the top down syntax....song still fits tho

It's my picture show. The Cutlass stays. Corvette is too Dallas.

Now, picture it: @Tradewind hanging out at the local Eagles, drinking his beer, and this comes on the radio, all tinny & AM gold.

A lone gal starts dancing on the deserted dance floor. Trade goes in for the kill. But then he walks back shortly, and orders a shot and a beer back. Bartender says "struck out, eh?"

Trade says: "No, but the beard threw me off my game. The 60's are a trip."

Zach: thank you for the explanation and the song.

Tradewind : If you will indulge me for just a moment :)

Picture a Ferrari 308 GTS ( targo topped ) Quattrovalvole with the top off and your setting beside a woman wearing sun glasses with a pony tail driving through the desert on the way to Las Vegas at speeds of 125 to 150 miles per hour and the song you posted is playing :love:

Did my husband ever drive ? your joking, right ? :)

My apologies to the membership, especially to those who are posting on this thread for this distraction, but I wanted Tradewind to "see" what I "see" when I hear that tune.
Ha, That's a great visual. ck pm's

Sunday, monday got to settle down
Got to get my feet back on the ground
Thursday, friday got nothing to show
Got to be this month i just dont know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back