Is harder better?

I spent a couple minutes thinking about this.

Leaving your water is definitely hardcore. Running out of Doritos smells of lack of preparation..... you have slipped half a point on my esteem meter.

That is almost as rookie as Greenhorn running out of Hopzone on a WY antelope hunt.

Do you even know how to #hunteasy, bro?

I spent a couple minutes thinking about this.

Leaving your water is definitely hardcore. Running out of Doritos smells of lack of preparation..... you have slipped half a point on my esteem meter.

That is almost as rookie as Greenhorn running out of Hopzone on a WY antelope hunt.

I'd hate, I say hate, to try to keep up with Greenhorn when he run's out of beer.

Harder is only better if up front you determine the "harder" things you want to insert into your hunt and then deal with them. If that makes you happy, it was "better"

The wont mean a darn thing to the next guy. It might make a great memory for you and a story for you but the next guy likely wont care since it means only something to you.

The next guys favorite "better" hunt might be one that was easy (in your mind). It will make a great memory and story to him (and thats all that matters)

Its all to relative to quanlify and apply across the board to every hunter. Ive enjoyed every Bowhunting adventure Ive been on. All of them were "better".

Last edited:

The key mistake was leaving my buddy and daughter in charge of said Doritos while we tried to put the sneak on a herd of elk. Those two rats demolished a Costco bag in about 30 minutes.

The key mistake was leaving my buddy and daughter in charge of said Doritos while we tried to put the sneak on a herd of elk. Those two rats demolished a Costco bag in about 30 minutes.
#seeadvertisementpostedabove, #mmmcheese

Of the people I know, few hunt with a bow over a rifle to make it harder. It is the opposite. Better weather, big bulls available on public, ect.

No one I know goes deep to make a hunt harder, they go deep to make it easier to find what they are looking for.

So........
you nailed it, with respect to just the hunting aspect often the more you work the easier it is.

But I appreciate difficult and shitty experiences in general, they seem to make the other days better.

I will say I grew up hunting private ground for deer and it was consistently a one-day gimme hunt with a whole deer hanging in the shed by noon. I only remember about half of those bucks. But I still remember every shitty pack out I've had since.

Just stopped by here to drop a "That's what she said!"

...sorry, couldn't help, I was watching The Office with my wife last night.

Some of the "easiest" hunts I've been on were archery, elk deer, and antelope. Definitely the most challenging I've done have been public land rifle elk hunts in MT.

Now, some of those easy archery hunts will trump some of the terrible rifle season efforts.

Some of the little elk racks I have hanging, acquired on absolutely terrible miserable hunts late in November south of town, I don't have any fond cherished memories about them. I just look at them and remember how dumb I used to be.

to each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back