International women’s day

Yes, Mrs Fin and all the wives who are married to our male members.

Mrs Fin is an invaluable asset to Mr Fin and all of us, as she helps moderate the forum. As are the wives who hold down the fort when our male members are off hunting or in some cases hunting with their husbands.

Speaking of female members, I am not the only member here that has benefited from Aprils generosity and experience. There are a least three members here that knew her, before she joined this forum and also benefited from her generosity. It was my pleasure to assist Randi at the start of her Yukon river trip. I am looking forward to helping Hunting Wife on her Dall Sheep hunt and since Elk are in short supply up here, hopefully Mtelkhuntress will settle for a Caribou hunt.
I wish I had taken a picture of it, but last week while on vacation, my wife and I went to the chocolate museum in Granada, Nicaragua. They were talking about how cocoa beans were used as currency in the colonial times and there was a chart of what they could be traded for.
A mujera (woman) was worth 1,000 chocolate beans.

Women still aren’t treated all that great in some of those Central American countries but nobody is trading them for beans as far as I know… progress I guess!

Happy International Womens day to ALL the women on Douglas’s list.

your post reminded me of this---;)

Women have been actively participating in hunting expeditions for many years. It is written that in 1771, a male Indian guide here in Canada suggested to European explorer Hearne, that he bring women on his excursions. He said "they ( women ) can carry as much as a man, pitch tents, cook, mend clothes, and keep us warm at night." Not sure which part of this statement Hearne believed, but he started including women on his excursions.

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but last week while on vacation, my wife and I went to the chocolate museum in Granada, Nicaragua. They were talking about how cocoa beans were used as currency in the colonial times and there was a chart of what they could be traded for.
A mujera (woman) was worth 1,000 chocolate beans.

Women still aren’t treated all that great in some of those Central American countries but nobody is trading them for beans as far as I know… progress I guess!

Happy International Womens day to ALL the women on Douglas’s list.
Chocolate museum…have to put that on my list.

Hunting Husband tells people the best way to deal with me when I’m mad is to throw a chocolate bar one direction, and then run away in the other 🍫 🏃‍♂️ 🤣

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back