PEAX Equipment

Interesting Prompt For Discussion - Deer Butchering in Public

Hell I remember driving by neighbors in the country as a kid and being excited to see a deer hanging
When I was a kid and we'd go down to southern il. On our annual feer hunt to the Shawnee NF the whole ride back on 57 north was like a parade. Literally every third car was loaded with deer you got to check out. Talk about a young hunters dream I'll never forget that.

Last edited:
No trees in my front yard. :(

Usually they are cut up before I get to the pickup and other times at the pickup.

Kids loss by me not providing that learning experience.:rolleyes:

1671165701405.png

Growing up in Pasadena I tended to hang the deer in the garage or under a tree, out of sight....or the neighbors would come and wind up walking away with some.

I have hang trees near the house now. I'm way out of sight.

It's common here to see split elk in a truck in town . A bear being measured on a truck bed.

I would love a subaru to blast around on these roads and piss the locals off.
I did the same with my Tacoma when I got here and was dubbed a commie for the furin car...now everyone drives a Tacoma. LOL

Carry on dicks, dick pisser offs and all.

Will, you literally to a caribou on an airplane as a carry on.
@wllm
Imagine if you were a vegan and you somehow became aware of 50+Lbs of rifle hunted caribou meat hanging 2ft over your head.
Personally, I’m not willing to risk putting someone though that.
Also, as a vegan on a plane transporting carry on meat, I wonder if you would somehow feel by purchasing a ticket and financing the flight that you were somehow involuntarily involved in the hunt?

Last edited:
@wllm
Imagine if you were a vegan and you somehow became aware of 50+Lbs of rifle hunted caribou meat hanging 2ft over your head.
Personally, but I’m not willing to risk putting someone though that.
Also, as a vegan on a plane transporting carry on meat, I wonder if you would somehow feel by purchasing a ticket and financing the the flight that you were somehow involuntarily involved in the hunt?
I know that message wasn’t directed at me and please don’t take any of this to heart but I’ll be damned if I’d ever be about to disclose what’s in my carry on to anyone to spare their feelings. I’ve brought meat, fish, hunting equipment and plenty of other things as a carry on. People’s feelings are the least of my worries. That would be like me being pissed off that the man seated next to me on the flight is wearing a dress and lipstick. None of my concern.

If hanging a legally taken critter on your own property is wrong I don’t wanna be right.

There’s so much screwed up things in this world and insulating our kids from every little thing is the reason we have safe spaces on college campuses. I’m not saying I’m for rubbing in in peoples faces, but look or don’t up to them, it’s part of the world.

1D2C354E-CAA7-445B-B29C-23BDA4C7C949.jpeg

I know that message wasn’t directed at me and please don’t take any of this to heart but I’ll be damned if I’d ever be about to disclose what’s in my carry on to anyone to spare their feelings. I’ve brought meat, fish, hunting equipment and plenty of other things as a carry on. People’s feelings are the least of my worries. That would be like me being pissed off that the man seated next to me on the flight is wearing a dress and lipstick. None of my concern.
Ok I’m imagining the vegan going to put their bag up in the shared overhead bin and they have to slide it over an inch or two:
“Wow! That’s a big ole backpack! What do you have in that thing?!?!
Bricks?!?!?
Why’s it cold?”

@wllm
Personally, I’m not willing to risk putting someone though that.
Also, as a vegan on a plane transporting carry on meat, I wonder if you would somehow feel by purchasing a ticket and financing the flight that you were somehow involuntarily involved in the hunt?

Actually was thinking about this a couple of days ago, and brings up a great point.

So yes I’m sure that would piss someone off, and as someone who does a lot of flying with meat I would be super annoyed if someone ruined the whole thing for the rest of us.

I fly with my dog all the time, and similarly folks who screw around with the service dog crap and let their dogs out of their carriers drive me crazy. Not because it offends me but because I don’t want Alaska Airlines to change the rules on pets.

Back to the point, when I do fly with meat in the cabin I make sure it’s absolutely not going to leak, in a dry bag with a towel around it to absorb condensation.

All it takes is some blood dripping out of the overhead bin and that gets shut down.

If I saw some dude in the news because he tried to board a plane with meijers bags of meat in a cardboard box which leaked all over the place I’d have a similar feeling to the guy in the news story.

People just assumed this guy was a dick. From a news story. As for me, at least it's in writing. mtmuley
I don't know this guy from adam, my remark was broader than that. A quick run through this thread and others like it has plenty of folks suggesting enthusiasm for actions that would upset even more townspeople under the guise that to do otherwise is "p&ssy". The real men I have known over the years had no problem hunting, shooting and going to war for their nation without feeling so insecure they had to shove it in the face of every person they met. They endured shocking hardships/circumstances, but still hugged their kids and cried at weddings. I reject the current false definition of macho-in-your-face manhood that seems so popular in "gun circles" these days. I am thankful that they taught me that a real man is caring and thoughtful of others under normal circumstances, but could rise with great courage when courage was called for. In 2022, hanging carcasses in your front yard across from an elementary school in town is not courage or manly, it is tone-deaf. He has the right to be tone-deaf if he wants, but it is hardly a badge of honor.

If hanging a legally taken critter on your own property is wrong I don’t wanna be right.

There’s so much screwed up things in this world and insulating our kids from every little thing is the reason we have safe spaces on college campuses. I’m not saying I’m for rubbing in in peoples faces, but look or don’t up to them, it’s part of the world.

View attachment 255816

Was that way for a long time… not anymore. You’d have to be living under a rock to not see that. Fact of the matter is hunters are probably the least involved/ worst political communicators out there.

Antis are super organized, have tons of money and are amazing at messaging.

Hell, wolves in Colorado. Shutting down predator hunting left and right.

Opportunities getting shutdown.

People freaking out.

Behooves us all to pay attention and not give them more fodder.

No one this forum is offended by hanging a deer in the yard, but a lot of us understand other folks are, regardless of how unreasonable we think that is, and those people will and do vote to restrict hunting.

Was that way for a long time… not anymore. You’d have to be living under a rock to not see that. Fact of the matter is hunters are probably the least involved/ worst political communicators out there.

People freaking out.

No one this forum is offended by hanging a deer in the yard, but a lot of us understand other folks are, regardless of how unreasonable we think that is, and those people will and do vote to restrict hunting.
So the solution to fighting the anti hunters is to go underground and change our ways to suit them?

That sure seems like surrender to me. You gotta fight fire with fire, you give up ground it’ll never be regained.

“Give me deer hanging in trees, or give me death”

-Stocker

2022 the start of the War on Anti Hunters

People freaking out.

It’s better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you’re not, Neil.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back